First Notable CoinStar Haul

Dirty Nails

Elite Member
It finally happened. I pulled into a grocery store yesterday morning and I was immediately greeted by four pennies as I got out of the truck. Upon entering the store I picked up a dime near the cart line. On my way out of the store, I picked four $1 coins from the CoinStar reject tray! A grand total of $4.14! I haven't hunted since the late winter due to the lockdown, we moved, I retired, and the heat. I hope to get back at it regularly in about 3 weeks.

Wow, congrats on the 4 $1 coins !!!! :thumbsup:

that helps make up for the times you might find nothing or just some Zincolns :lol:

Definitely understand waiting to get back out to hunt, between how this year went along with some extreme heat waves, I was so very glad to finally get back to regular hunting again myself, I missed it so much I did hunts 3 days in a row :lol:

Nice eyeball and Coinstar scores, DN ! As a group, we detectorists must have the keenest eyeballs scanning the ground for last stuff and scanning our surroundings for potential detecting sites.

Keep your eyes open.

Speaking of finding pennies on the ground. Of which I find many, of course.
If you see a penny and pick it up and you say the age old verse. "Find a penny and pick it up and all the day you'll have good luck" Does the luck begin at the time of the finding? Or, midnight to midnight. Or, just the remainder of the "day" and die off at evening?
More importantly, if you then give that penny to a friend, saying, "find a penny and pick it up, all the day you'll have good luck, give that penny to a friend and your luck will never end" It raises several significant questions. Does the luck die off if the friendship dissolves? Must it be a good friend or would an acquaintance do? Is there a difference in the level of luck between a male friend and a female friend? If you found your penny in a friendless situation, is it acceptable to hold that penny until you locate a friend, then repeat the verse? Or, is it best to accept the day's luck and be satisfied with that? If, you have no friends, are you subject to a never ending stream of single days of luck, never reaching the nirvana of the "never end part"? If you find a Canadian penny, must you repeat the verse in french?
If, you find your penny with a metal detector, then see it, does that penny work or, must it be a penny you actually find by seeing only?
Does a nickel give you 5 times the luck or 5 times as long? If your out with 5 friends and find that nickel, do you give it to a friend or get change and give each friend a penny?
Lastly, if you do find a penny and give it to a friend, being now imbibed with never ending luck, do I ever have to pick up another found penny in a convenience store parking lot or am I covered?
These are trying times my friends and having answers to these perplexing questions are more important than ever.

Nice eyeball and Coinstar scores, DN ! As a group, we detectorists must have the keenest eyeballs scanning the ground for last stuff and scanning our surroundings for potential detecting sites.

Keep your eyes open.

:laughing: I think you likely are right, I find myself scanning the parking lot when going grocery shopping and other places where I walk, and yes, definitely watching for potential new detecting sites :lol:

Back
Top Bottom