Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Old 12-12-2019, 07:33 AM
six feet under(water)

Default Removing Iron from Well Water.

I recently purchased a property in a rural area, and this is my first experience with well water. South Florida has very hard water with high iron content. It seems like whoever I talk to just wants to sell me their system. This stuff is not cheap, so I want to get it right the first time. To remove the iron I have narrowed it down to two options, the Fleck iron Pro 2, or a hydrogen peroxide injection system. Question- does anybody use the Fleck iron Pro 2 and if you do how well does it work? Also, does anybody use the hydrogen peroxide injection method, and how well does that work? I was told for very high iron content the hydrogen peroxide method is the best, bar none.

Old 12-12-2019, 09:18 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by scoundrel View post
I recently purchased a property in a rural area, and this is my first experience with well water. South Florida has very hard water with high iron content. It seems like whoever I talk to just wants to sell me their system. This stuff is not cheap, so I want to get it right the first time. To remove the iron I have narrowed it down to two options, the Fleck iron Pro 2, or a hydrogen peroxide injection system. Question- does anybody use the Fleck iron Pro 2 and if you do how well does it work? Also, does anybody use the hydrogen peroxide injection method, and how well does that work? I was told for very high iron content the hydrogen peroxide method is the best, bar none.
better than those is reverse osmoses set ups. removes everything. expensive though

Old 12-12-2019, 09:45 AM
six feet under(water)

Originally Posted by Tpmetal View post
better than those is reverse osmoses set ups. removes everything. expensive though
The iron in my water would destroy a reverse osmosis system. I have to get rid of the iron first, then soften the water, then filter it.

Old 12-12-2019, 11:33 AM
Supporter

No personal experience with wells, but did a search online to see if "Consumer Reports" had any reviews that might help, a link on this page in a paragraph about wells -

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...uide/index.htm

was a link to this page -

https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/dri...s/testing.html

That might not directly answer your specific question, but should help you find the answer with their resources info, and could also give you additional info you might need to be aware of.

John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Old 12-12-2019, 12:20 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by scoundrel View post
The iron in my water would destroy a reverse osmosis system. I have to get rid of the iron first, then soften the water, then filter it.
Dang that's rough water. Good luck.

Old 12-12-2019, 12:30 PM
Elite Member

I lived in swfl and had a well too. My home builder did get a great, deep, well placement to help fight off the sulfate issues with the water. But I only had a salt softener system on mine and never had issues. Most of my neighbors only ran salt systems and never seemed to complain.

Old 12-13-2019, 10:48 AM
Elite Member

If you really want to target iron, then you should look into "Green Sand Filtration" systems.

http://www.waterprofessionals.com/le...nd-filtration/

The best that you know is the best that you've had.
Slow Down, and you'll achieve a more harmonious outcome.