New from Erie PA

Kornakme9336

Hi all, I am new to this forum and the Erie area. Wondering if anyone from here or surrounding areas have any tips or locations. Right now I'm just hunting with a Garret Ace 250 and pinpointer so not much luck on the beaches. I feel it works better in the woods and would love to find some old sites, house foundations, areas along the railroad. Any feedback would be great and I'd love to hear from some other hunters!
Betsy

Nice to meet you! Beach hunting can be great around here too considering all the traffic our beaches like presque isle get. I'm sure there could be some great washed up historical finds too considering the history of the area, I just don't have a machine for the beach right now :/ what do you hunt with?

I use the xterra 705 with the 6 inch digger coil. Your probably right i just dont have any beaches near me...lol except for sunset bay. Mine dose have a beach setting on it but i never used it. I am still getting to know the machine. I bought all my equipment over the winter and am just coming out of hibernation now useing it in my side yard. Im just trying to talk one of my friends into going with me but with this weather its a hard sale.

I use the xterra 705 with the 6 inch digger coil. Your probably right i just dont have any beaches near me...lol except for sunset bay. Mine dose have a beach setting on it but i never used it. I am still getting to know the machine. I bought all my equipment over the winter and am just coming out of hibernation now useing it in my side yard. Im just trying to talk one of my friends into going with me but with this weather its a hard sale.

You'll have fun with it once the weather clears! We just got snow here again, but I did get a few good hunting days in! Very excited for the weather to get nicer. Once you start I try to look for places with a little history, rail trails, old foundations or traces of places where people used to live, have fun!

There is alot of history in buffalo !! Everyday they teardown another house or two from the late 1800s early 1900s. The problem is that the whole city is a ghetto and im not sure how the pepole would react to me seaching there empty lots. If the city owns them are they fair game ?

There is alot of history in buffalo !! Everyday they teardown another house or two from the late 1800s early 1900s. The problem is that the whole city is a ghetto and im not sure how the pepole would react to me seaching there empty lots. If the city owns them are they fair game ?

I'd look into the laws and guidelines for your particular area. There are definitely certain areas that prohibit detecting and some historically protected sites that you cannot detect as well.

I hit the Lake Erie beaches in Barcelona(NY) one summer, didn't find a lot in the water but cans and other piec es of metal trash! Found some clad on the dry sand beaches including a few coin spills and it was ok!

Schweddy comes on here at times and he is from Eriie and may have some info on the Erie area.

Welcome to the forum from Western NY

:welcome2:

Back
Top Bottom