Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Member Contests > Ended Contests Archive

Old 08-09-2020, 02:11 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Ice Scratcher View post
Hell since no one else is..

I'll gladly say it again...

Thanks for the contest!!

Big congrats to Silversmith on the win!
Thanks Ice, I see you won the last contest buddy, just to let you know the next
contest will be the ages of my grand-kids and great grand-kids together. When will I start you ask? Well as soon as I can figure how many I got!!
I have many!
Old 08-09-2020, 08:17 PM
Supporter

So close...thanks again for the contest. Congratulations to Silversmith45!
Old 08-09-2020, 08:57 PM
Elite Member

Smile

Originally Posted by BuscaPlata View post
This contest is over!
Thanks to everyone that participated in this contest. And I just want to say,
I sure am glad Roscoe didn’t win this thing!…sure would a been tough making a ring for that little fellow.

So this contest started off with Ice Scratcher guessing 427, and I thought, man! we’re gonna have a winner in no time at all here! Then Stiffwrist and WolfDog went with a guess of 418, I was thinking OK, looks like I’m gonna have to make two rings for these guy's, but then along comes Fishnnut with a guess of 416, and MTtrasherdigger with a 414 very, very close, still two ring numbers. See how much fun this is, from my side of the contest!? By now, you probably figured out who won this thing, with the guess of 415……and I’m a little worried here cause I’ve only been doing coin rings for a little under a year, and the person who won the contest, is a…….. Professional Silversmith!!!, are you kidding me!!! I’m making a ring for a pro who has probably been doing Silversmithing for 45 years and can probably make rings with his eyes closed!? Of course you all know who I am talking about, right? “Silversmith45”, congratulations on the win buddy, and I just want to say,…please, please, please! take it easy on me, when you get your price……Ok? Pm me with your address and ring size buddy, thanks.
Congratulations to Silversmith45! BuscaPlata, thank you again for the contest - I had a lot of fun participating in it.

Matthew 6:19-21 ~ 2020: 102 Clad ($5.74) ~ 2 Wheats
Totals: 709 Clad Coins ($46.14) ~ Wheats: 3 ~ Silver Coins: 0

2 Tokens ~ 5 Foreign ~ Oldest Coin: 1945 Wheatie
Garrett Treasure Ace 300 ~ Harbor Freight 9 Function ~ BH Jr ~ GP-Pointer
Old 08-10-2020, 12:25 AM
Elite Member

Great contest! That was fun.

Congrats Silversmith!

IH: 25, Buff/V/Shield: 44, Gold: 8

Old 08-10-2020, 05:46 PM
Supporter

Coin ring was shipped this morning and should in Silversmith45's hands by Friday, hopefully sooner, can't really tell in these days.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:44 PM

Smile

This contest is over!
I sure am glad Roscoe didn’t win this thing!…sure would a been tough making a ring for that little fellow.

So this contest started off with Ice Scratcher guessing 427, and I thought, man! we’re gonna have a winner in no time at all here! Then Stiffwrist and WolfDog went with a guess of 418, I was thinking OK, looks like I’m gonna have to make two rings for these guy's, but then along comes Fishnnut with a guess of 416, and MTtrasherdigger with a 414 very, very close, still two ring numbers. See how much fun this is, from my side of the contest!? By now, you probably figured out who won this thing, with the guess of 415……and I’m a little worried here cause I’ve only been doing coin rings for a little under a year, and the person who won the contest, is a…….. Professional Silversmith!!!, are you kidding me!!! I’m making a ring for a pro who has probably been doing Silversmithing for 45 years and can probably make rings with his eyes closed!? Of course you all know who I am talking about, right? “Silversmith45”, congratulations on the win buddy, and I just want to say,…please, please, please! take it easy on me, when you get your price……Ok? Pm me with your address and ring size buddy, thanks.
Mr. BuscaPlata, thank you for your contest, my family and I enjoyed it!! 🙂

Originally Posted by Silversmith45 View post
Silversmith, congratulations on winning the contest! It's always neat when a nice friend wins something. Thank you for befriending Wolf-Dog & Princess and our family. Congratulations again! - Princess & Wolf-Dog's dad

"For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost."
~ Luke 19:10
Old 08-10-2020, 09:02 PM
Elite Member

Smile

This contest is over!

So this contest started off with Ice Scratcher guessing 427, and I thought, man! we’re gonna have a winner in no time at all here! Then Stiffwrist and WolfDog went with a guess of 418, I was thinking OK, looks like I’m gonna have to make two rings for these guy's, but then along comes Fishnnut with a guess of 416, and MTtrasherdigger with a 414 very, very close, still two ring numbers. See how much fun this is, from my side of the contest!? By now, you probably figured out who won this thing, with the guess of 415……and I’m a little worried here cause I’ve only been doing coin rings for a little under a year, and the person who won the contest, is a…….. Professional Silversmith!!!, are you kidding me!!! I’m making a ring for a pro who has probably been doing Silversmithing for 45 years and can probably make rings with his eyes closed!? Of course you all know who I am talking about, right? “Silversmith45”, congratulations on the win buddy, and I just want to say,…please, please, please! take it easy on me, when you get your price……Ok? Pm me with your address and ring size buddy, thanks....
Thanks again for the fun & generous contest!

Originally Posted by Silversmith45 View post
Congratulations, Richard! Great guess! After all those years of creating hand-made rings for others, it should be kind of fun to have one made specially for you.

Romans 10:9 & 10
Oldest coin: 1946 Wheat Penny ~ 2020 totals: $2.24
Ace 250 ~ Harbor Freight 9 Function ~ Bounty Hunter Junior
GP-Pointer ~ Cen-Tech Pinpointer
Old 08-10-2020, 09:34 PM

Excellent !! Thanks for the fun!

Old 08-11-2020, 03:53 PM
Supporter

You are welcome!, and thanks to you'all for making this a fun game. We will do it again soon. God bless and H.H.

Mr. BuscaPlata
Old 08-13-2020, 12:59 PM
Supporter

Nice contest, BP. Sorry I missed out! I usually get a sharp eye on the contest board, but somehow I skipped the last several days. In all honesty, I would have been a tad low...I would’ve guessed around 405, assuming an “average” age of 45 for each kid.

How crazy is this though...if you include your wife and yourself, your immediate family has more than half a millennium worth of combined life experience! My little family of 4 barely breaks the century mark!

Oldest coin: 1834 Matron Head Large Cent (Honorable Mention: 1857 Flying Eagle Cent)
Oldest silver: 1854 Seated Liberty Quarter
Oldest foreign coin: 1844 Province of Canada Half Penny

Equinox 800 w/Steve’s Detector Rods Complete Shaft & Herke Cuff; Pro Pointer II
Detecting Since 4/2017 - Addicted Since 5/2017
Old 08-13-2020, 02:20 PM
Elite Member

You are welcome!, and thanks to you'all for making this a fun game. We will do it again soon. God bless and H.H.

Mr. BuscaPlata
Make sure to post a pic of the finished product! I like to reval in my jealousy.

IH: 25, Buff/V/Shield: 44, Gold: 8

Old 08-13-2020, 04:57 PM
Elite Member

I wish to once again thank BuscaPlata for the ring that I won in his contest. It's a perfect fit. I may have to start wearing rings again. I made so many of them and not being able to wear them around my machinery and while metal detecting, I just lost interest. Either that or after making so many I just got tired of looking at them. I never tried making coin rings and i doubt if I could make one as nice as the one he made me. Thanks again.
Name:  WR1.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  62.0 KB
Not the best picture.

Old 08-13-2020, 06:43 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Stiffwrists View post
Make sure to post a pic of the finished product! I like to reval in my jealousy.
There you are buddy, reval away!
Old 08-13-2020, 06:50 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by AirmetTango View post
Nice contest, BP. Sorry I missed out! I usually get a sharp eye on the contest board, but somehow I skipped the last several days. In all honesty, I would have been a tad low...I would’ve guessed around 405, assuming an “average” age of 45 for each kid.

How crazy is this though...if you include your wife and yourself, your immediate family has more than half a millennium worth of combined life experience! My little family of 4 barely breaks the century mark!
That's ok AT, I will be holding another one soon, this time it will be all my Grandkids and Great Grandkids. Heck, I'll even send you a PM so you don't miss out buddy.