Canadian Quarter.

Canadian quarters were silver up until 1968 when they were minted 50/50 silver/copper, then mid 1968 they were minted 99% nickel.

1977 Canadian quarters are made out of 100 % Nickle and are magnetic.

Canadian dimes and nickels, as well as their $1 "Loonies" and $2 "Twoonies" will also stick to a magnet.

And yes, nickel will stick to a magnet. U.S. Nickels won't because there's not much actual nickel in them.

If you just want to detect modern Canadian clad in a public park in Canada, a strong magnet works great. I taught my Canadian nieces and nephews in Edmonton that trick and they always carry magnets with them now........

If you just want to detect modern Canadian clad in a public park in Canada, a strong magnet works great. I taught my Canadian nieces and nephews in Edmonton that trick and they always carry magnets with them now........

Neat !!!!!

I was wondering if one of those magnetic rolling "brooms" would work in those Canadian parks ?

(of course you might be able to make your own a lot cheaper than a manufactured one like below, if you see a discarded microwave oven they have a very strong magnet you can salvage from it))

https://www.amazon.com/Sweeper-Push-Type-Release-Sweeping-MFSM14RX/dp/B0028T70F4

rolling_magnet.jpg

magnets work great pulling the clad from between the car seats

Attachments

• PROBE2.JPG
    PROBE2.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 214
  • comp.jpg
    comp.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 222
The nickel probably came from Sudbury, ON, currently home of "The Big Nickel"!

Attachments

• fixedw_large_4x.jpg
    fixedw_large_4x.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 172
What do you want Canadian coins for?
I do have a 1940 penny and a 1911 half. The half is sellable!
Otherwise I trash my foreign coins, unless they are old.

Tried! Find a kid you can pull away from an Xbox! Search far, and wide.
My son got his FIRST video game - a PS4 - for Christmas. He was ecstatic. Yet, that afternoon, I said you want to go detecting? He said of course. He detected more over Christmas break than video game. And he loves coins. And fishing...

They're out there. Gotta plant the seed, water it, weed it... I pray I can keep him engaged.

k2gleaner

My Granddaughter loves the foreign coins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and tokens!!!!!!!!!!!
i put the foriegns and tokens, bus tokens whatever new or old, in a coin flip and label them, even different chuckies cheese . and they go in her album with any silvers and oddities. i dont really have a lot since my area sucks and has been hit so hard or banned. but what i get is hers. including the rings as my wife has no interest in them, only her wedding set. she gets her album out and looks to see whats new every visit, which is not often enough.

so dont trash them.. somebody will like them. including me!!:laughing:

My son got his FIRST video game - a PS4 - for Christmas. He was ecstatic. Yet, that afternoon, I said you want to go detecting? He said of course. He detected more over Christmas break than video game. And he loves coins. And fishing...

They're out there. Gotta plant the seed, water it, weed it... I pray I can keep him engaged.

k2gleaner
Sounds just like my son was. Then he turned into a teenager. My advice would be to keep him away from video games as long as possible, he has some great hobbies. Now that my son is 19, video games are more important than girls, or money.

Sounds just like my son was. Then he turned into a teenager. My advice would be to keep him away from video games as long as possible, he has some great hobbies. Now that my son is 19, video games are more important than girls, or money.
I had the tik Tok app on my phone for a little while out of curiosity. I deleted it because it was a waste of time even though there was interesting stuff on it.

My point is, there was a disappointing amount of videos where wife is trying to get her husband's attention because he plays too much video games.

I had no idea. I didn't grow up playing any video games. Born in the early seventies for reference.

k2gleaner

Back
Top Bottom