• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Motel permission hunts - nothing spectacular, but still enjoyed the hunts !

Look at the 1976 penny from the 8th, 1976 was before Zincolns started being made, I was puzzled as to how that 1976 coin could get that way :?:

All the coins from the motel hunt so far seem to have been in the ground for some time, so no recent drops, and amazingly a good number of them were fairly shallow where my pinpointer would respond prior to digging, yet you can tell they have been there for some time.

......also, if you noticed the blue car, I've been using our new Prius Prime in EV (electric only) mode so I don't use any gas to go detecting ! :thumbsup:

hope you put a blanket down and didn't get that new car dirty , don't have to worry about that with my old 1989 Toyota pickup . When I do get a new one I know I will have to keep it a lot cleaner. I plan on keeping my old truck as well.

hope you put a blanket down and didn't get that new car dirty , don't have to worry about that with my old 1989 Toyota pickup . When I do get a new one I know I will have to keep it a lot cleaner. I plan on keeping my old truck as well.

Well, we already keep a small heavy duty tarp spread out in the hatchback cargo area all the time, my wife wanted it there for when we load bags of groceries just in case something leaks. Also have a tarp spread out over the back seat as we sometimes need to put bags of groceries there also when we get a larger order.

Haven't had a problem as I have a gym bag I use to load my pouch and stuff in when I load up the car after a hunt and the detector itself has not gotten dirty, so no problems as far as leaving any mess in the car.

Being able to use that car in the all electric EV mode is neat because my wife don't have to wonder how much gas I am using going on my hunts since I don't use any gas at all :lol: (she has no problem with my hunts though, she has even encouraged me in the past)

Update to include finds from my 5th hunt at the motel Tuesday, originally I was going to hunt elsewhere for a while and try the motel again on another day later on, but I went back Tuesday to rescan a spot with my coil raised, see this thread for details on that -

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=284733

Anyhow, since I was there I figured I might as well do some hunting and here is what I found on my 5th motel hunt Tuesday:

Of course I found the usual expected amount of trash, also a penny, a neat "North Dakota" state quarter, I wish the 1889 was the mint date, but it's really a 2006 ......and I actually found my first ring ! I've only done dirt fishing and my locations so far simply never yielded any rings till now. (seems simply silver plated, but hey, it's still better than a pull-tab :lol:)

motel_hunt_5_finds.jpg

motel_hunt_5_2006_quarter_a.jpg
motel_hunt_5_2006_quarter_b.jpg
motel_hunt_5_1978_penny.jpg
motel_hunt_5_ring_view1.jpg
motel_hunt_5_ring_view2.jpg
motel_hunt_5_ring_view3.jpg

Update to include finds from my 5th hunt at the motel Tuesday, originally I was going to hunt elsewhere for a while and try the motel again on another day later on, but I went back Tuesday to rescan a spot with my coil raised, see this thread for details on that -

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=284733

Anyhow, since I was there I figured I might as well do some hunting and here is what I found on my 5th motel hunt Tuesday:

Of course I found the usual expected amount of trash, also a penny, a neat "North Dakota" state quarter, I wish the 1889 was the mint date, but it's really a 2006 ......and I actually found my first ring ! I've only done dirt fishing and my locations so far simply never yielded any rings till now. (seems simply silver plated, but hey, it's still better than a pull-tab :lol:)

View attachment 470303

View attachment 470304
View attachment 470305
View attachment 470306
View attachment 470307
View attachment 470308
View attachment 470309

With a ring find I bet you are glad you hit it again.

Back
Top Bottom