My first wheaty!

Birddog1911

Just found in the old school parking lot with my new Nox 600.

Attachments

• 20210410_112217.jpg
    20210410_112217.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 282
Nice one BD! It gets even better when you just concentrate on those older places. Location is the biggest factor...old locations are going to be the ones with older coins! And if you’re digging up wheat cents...silver is usually somewhere in there as well! Of course, by now you know all this...so stick to that rule and keep going!

Nice find and nice looking Wheatie penny!

I'm a BAD (born again detector-ist). I haven't been detecting in probably 25-30 years. Just getting back into it now that I'm retired. The other day was my first day out. Besides a few pull tabs, a lead fishing sinker and a small piece of scrap iron, I found 12 cents. A dime, a newer zinc penny which was badly corroded, and a Wheatie penny...1914! Unfortunately it is slightly corroded and very worn down. But I can just make out a definite 1914 date :D

Last edited:
:woot: That's a great find, and a memorable one, too! Since it is your first wheat cent, perhaps you'd like to frame it, or display it some other way. :)

Welcome to the exclusive and elite "Wheaty club" !
Wheatie Club? Yay! Finally, one of Tom's "exclusive clubs" that I can actually qualify for! ;)

Back
Top Bottom