New Permission in the works... With a Bonus... UPDATED!

Huckleberry

Elite Member
Been wanting to find a way to approach permission to hunt a 1920‘s resort property for quite some time. It wasn’t anything that I could door knock, or cold call for a multitude of reasons. Well,it turns out that the owner of the 1938 resort that I hunt is friends with the other resort owner and he broke the ice with an introduction and a reference. Anyway, I will be talking to the owner tomorrow regarding things like when to hunt, as this resort is still in operation. The Bonus... He owns multiple properties in the nearby 1830‘s township with old houses and it is looking like I will be getting access to those as well! To say that I’m stoked would be an understatement!

Last edited:
Wow, hope it goes well. GL and HH.

Thanks kaufenanger!

Jackpot, man!
Looks like 2021 is your year.
Hopefully it all goes smooth and you take home the bacon.

Thanks Metal Pig! It should be a nice break from "Nemesis".

Take me with you LOL

Thanks HistoryHippy!

I'll head right up there. Just say when.

Thanks Jordan, like Doc Holiday said to Johnny Ringo "say when". :lol:

UPDATE:
So everything is in place for the resort property, as well as one of his other properties in the oldest part of the town. It turns out that the 1920's resort property has been hunted quite a lot, but I am still optimistic. The other property that is available to me at this time is smack dab in the oldest part of the town. It has been covered in debris from a dilapidated old building for... 40 years, and he just had it cleared off two weeks ago! I'm really hoping that it will be dry enough to hunt it by Tuesday, since we have been getting a lot of rain.

What are you waiting for ? Go there and find some gold coins to show off here !

Congrats! Permissions not easy to come by for sure especially ones owned by a company.

I received the call to return to work tomorrow, so my digging plans have been postponed. (Been off due to the Controlyavirus all of this year, and over half of last year.) So, it looks like I'm gonna have to hope for good weather this weekend and try to hit it then.

Soooooo... I made it to the site that had been under debris for 40 years, and it was a huge disappointment! It was one of those areas where the buildings are built right up against each other. This building was very small, maybe 12 X 16, it had been torn down, and had a nice thick layer of fresh chat on top of the site by the time I got to it?!?! I found out that the building was used to store old lumber in and had just recently been torn down, so it was not really under "debris". :?: :lol: Anyway, there's still the resort property that he owns, and though he says that it has been detected a lot, I guess that is next on my list. Gotta stay optimistic.

Thanks Jordan, like Doc Holiday said to Johnny Ringo "say when".

I'm your huckelberry, wait a minute, your Huckelberry, I'm Wyatt, lets finish it. Ha ha, ya know it always seems the most promising and juicy permissions give up the least amount of goodies and almost never anything period correct to its history. From your posts I see you are used to working in trashy sites, a little patience could pay off. Good luck, Mark

Back
Top Bottom