AWESOME hunts with KOB, two firsts for me.

pryan67

Forum Supporter
So I'm out in California for work, and KOB very kindly took me out detecting with him. Hunting Southern California is the first first. We hit a couple of beaches over two days. First day was a lot of fun, found some clad, and a ring that's PERFECT for my wife's birthday, which is Friday.

The next day, we went to another beach and I found a junk toe ring, a couple bucks in clad, a mood ring type do-dad, a crusty old earring, and from about 18 inches down in the wet sand, out pops my second first. This lovely piece of gold with diamonds :) My very first gold (and my first engagement ring as well, so I guess that's three firsts :) )

Many thanks to KOB for his kindness and hospitality. I had a WONDERFUL time.

Attachments

• IMG_1831.jpg
    IMG_1831.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 775
  • IMG_1832.jpg
    IMG_1832.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 732
  • IMG_1833.jpg
    IMG_1833.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 741
So I'm out in California for work, and KOB very kindly took me out detecting with him. Hunting Southern California is the first first. We hit a couple of beaches over two days. First day was a lot of fun, found some clad, and a ring that's PERFECT for my wife's birthday, which is Friday.

The next day, we went to another beach and I found a junk toe ring, a couple bucks in clad, a mood ring type do-dad, a crusty old earring, and from about 18 inches down in the wet sand, out pops my second first. This lovely piece of gold with diamonds :) My very first gold (and my first engagement ring as well, so I guess that's three firsts :) )

Many thanks to KOB for his kindness and hospitality. I had a WONDERFUL time.
It was really special meeting someone from this friendly forum to hunt with and to see him "pop his cherry" so to speak. Pryan was able to break away after his work for a couple of hours and we hit a few beaches.

Pryan doesn't get out to California often and he doesn't know the beaches like I do. Beautiful weather , low tides made the hunts more enjoyable. For me , I didn't do to well. A few bucks in clad , junk ring and alot of broken chains (a couple bits could be gold just haven't looked closely yet). So I knew good stuff was there.
After helping him "read" the beach better , I had him move off the towel line and into the wet slope were I was getting the junk jewelry. 1 hour in , the rest is history. About 20' in front of me , and as I get closer , out plops that diamond ring. With MY detector ! I couldn't believe it. But then again , I could because I've pulled a few recently from this area. Doing it right in front of me was kinda tough. But better him than someone else !

It was a great time meeting and hunting with Pryan67. There are truly some awesome people on this forum. Seeing him get his 1st epic gold , diamond ring brought back memories. I'm glad I was apart of it and I think I made a friend for life.

Good play-by-play. Congratz on the ring.

Ok, now kindly figure out the value, and send me my 30% cut. I accept paypal. And ... no ... I don't pay 30% of your travel costs. KOB can cover any travel expenses you incurred. Ok ? :cool3:

:dingding: Congrats on that beautiful ring!

(KOB - So nice of you to seed the beach with a gold ring for him ;) )

:dingding: Congrats on that beautiful ring!

(KOB - So nice of you to seed the beach with a gold ring for him ;) )

Good 1 Felix ! But not with a ring like that. When I do salt a treasure site , only then is it with YOUR kind of pennies ! Keeps others busy while I'm off to my glory hole....

I once said to my wife.....someday i'm gonna find you a nice ring....her response was, why don't you buy me one. Guess I'll never give her a dug ring for her birthday or anniversary.

That's one heck of a first diamond ring!! Very NIce!

And Hats off to Mr. KOB for his hospitality!

Easy guys ! The beaches aren't "showered with gold". Your mass exodus to the promised land may be fruitless...

Back
Top Bottom