• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ct, NJ , Ri hunters

Surf Master

Forum Supporter
Saw on the news a Mosquitos in your state with a new virus , it's killing people in 9 days , affecting the brain , heavy in CT , your states have canceled sports activities for kids in prime time mosquito biting time, warning land & water hunters to avoid getting g bit , my state is close enough to be concerned , a kissing bug was on my truck yesterday on my property , they also can carry a parasite that can kill you, be safe , Earl

Saw on the news a Mosquitos in your state with a new virus , it's killing people in 9 days , affecting the brain , heavy in CT , your states have canceled sports activities for kids in prime time mosquito biting time, warning land & water hunters to avoid getting g bit , my state is close enough to be concerned , a kissing bug was on my truck yesterday on my property , they also can carry a parasite that can kill you, be safe , Earl

Triple EEE.. eastern equine encephalitis its nothing new Earl... each year it comes out in some part of the state... you can't worry about it... wear your bug spray and work or play... otherwise lock yourself in our house and watch everyone else find good stuff

I was bitten last week by dozens of skeeters none have tested positive for EEE down here its more Eastern CT

Why are you always the bearer of bad news?

Its rare here in CT...

https://portal.ct.gov/DPH/Epidemiology-and-Emerging-Infections/Eastern-Equine-Encephalitis

Nothing wrong with sending out a reminder Earl. Thanks for thinking of us! We'll look forward to receiving a case of Deep Woods Off. :lol:

In other news... 2 people died from horses, 1 from a cow and 4 from dog attacks since the start of this thread.
Time to pull up the big boy pants.

pretty much anything today can kill you

yup... we work outside and get stung. bit all the time... I recently was attacked by a swarm of mosquitoes.... they carry lots of things besides triple EEE...

Zika, West Nile, I can go on.. when I visited Colombia my wife's nephew got dengue fever while I was there...

How about a post on ticks and the 7 things they can carry... Im sure there are beach guys that also dirt dig..

https://www.bustle.com/p/what-diseases-do-ticks-carry-7-illnesses-to-be-aware-of-9101752

I'm on LI, we have enough to worry about in the woods, West Nile Virus, Zika Virus, Chikungunya, Dengue Fever. Not to mention all the tick born illness, its a rough world out there.:lol:

Fact is that if you spend time outdoors there will possibly be bugs, rabid animals and dangerous humans that might possibly harm you. It’s our choice to make it’s always been that way, and most of us just go out anyway. I detect a local park where some of the humans are REALLY scary! But I go anyway.

Every year I wonder what I will get next. I had dengue many years ago, chikunguya maybe 6 years and zika about 4 years ago. I live in a tropical place, and 99% of the day i don't wear a shirt. The option of slathering myself with bug spray 24 hours a day is really not an option. When something like zika comes through it gets EVERYONE, every person I know has had it, it's not the end of the world, just annoying for a week...
Chikunguya was the worst though, it was like instant arthritis and for up to a year or so later you would feel it from time to time.

They

Used to spray , no more, can't even get the roads fixed, over seas battles more important than us & or vets , I sure am glad I wasn't born yesterday , knowing I have 25 or 30 years left , just hope I don't die premature as it seams everything is getting g worse , not better , I posted this thread to warn some of us that spend time out doors , land hunting might be a bit scarier now , I have a cell photo of the kissing bug on my truck , than I saw people dead in 9 days on the news from a Mosq. Bite , be safe Earl

What happened to the good old days, we never had the little critters biting back then?

Attachments

• 130902ddtkids-300x153.jpg
    130902ddtkids-300x153.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 317
Obn

+1 , What happened to the 70s & 80s , used to find 5 or 10 silvers a hunt, cleaner air , drink & drive , hunt any were nobody would bother you , full head of hair , in shape , un protected sex , fast cars , the disco days , all gone now :tissue::tissue::tissue::no::no::no:

Back
Top Bottom