• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Tesoro Vaquero sniper coil

tag1260

Can anyone point me to the best sniper type coil for the Tesoro Vaquero? Is it the 5.75" Tesoro or something else? Thanks

You will get a million answers and most will tell you the 5.75 concentric.
Most have on the many threads I have read with the same subject over the years.
I finally got one for my Vaq, it was sensitive, deep and deadly from the first hunt and rarely left the bottom of my rod, after.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=162623

On Tesoros mounting a concentric will discriminate better than a DD and give you the best and most precise signals over a wide range.
Very helpful when hunting in trash and iron infested sites and for me a much better coil to use on bottle caps...my nemesis.

I have never used a sniper DD on the Vaq, have with others but not the Vaq.
On screen units I prefer sniper DD's but I will only use concentrics on my Tesoros.
It just makes everything easier.

Well.......

I already have a Compadre detector in 5.75". Would you add the 5.75" for the Vaquero?

Well.......

I already have a Compadre detector in 5.75". Would you add the 5.75" for the Vaquero?

I own an older 7" coil Compadre...I still went out and got the concentric sniper for my Vaq to strengthen my arsenal.

Considering a sniper on a Vaq will go way deeper and you have GB and all those other abilities associated with all the extra features the Vaq has to actually and easily go deeper and figure out things a bit better then, yea...it is a no brainer.
I have small snipers for all my detectors from low end to high, more often than not small coils are what I use because I hunt mineralized, iron and trash infested sites.

The Compadre will work well on most targets shallow, 5- 6" or so and under, the Vaq can easily pass that and give more accurate information on deeper lying targets so I am not sure why you are comparing these two.
The Compadre is better in iron, for jewelry hunting it is supreme, nothing gets closer to big iron than this one can so it is a must have for every hunter even if used sparingly...as I have always advised.
However, for all around hunting in normal sites especially if deeper targets are possible the Vaq is just more powerful so a more logical choice.
A Vaq and a Compadre with similar sized coils are related but are still different animals.

I say all this assuming you hunt different kinds of sites for targets at all depths.
If all you like to do is hunt tot lots, parks, private lawns and other sites looking for shallow stuff you presently have all that you need.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom