Gold Rings #99 & #100 FTY

OBN

OldCherryPicker
Forum Supporter
This place continues to give and give........

Found this location when my friend Mike mentioned he seen some 19xx aerial shots of Maryland. After searching I was able to download the compressed files and go thru checking the shorelines for old beach's and other spots of interest. In June I was out doing the foot work and by accident came across some silver coins out in the middle of no where. Going back to my map to confirm..sure enough 5 swim platforms..in a row. And that's all I needed...

Mondays outing, 3.5 hours, perfect hunting conditions Several silvers and two gold rings to push my years total to #100...

Attachments

• 21A.jpg
    21A.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 681
  • 21C.jpg
    21C.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 704
  • 20190911_125104.jpg
    20190911_125104.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 693
  • 21CfD.jpg
    21CfD.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 695
  • OBN-0002.jpg
    OBN-0002.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 702
:shock:

Did I read that correctly? You have found 100 gold rings, THIS YEAR!? That's an incredible number, over 11 gold rings per month through September!

Incredible hunting to say the least, great research at that location, every beach hunter should take note!

Congrats on all the yellow and also that amazing silver ring dated to 1929! :wow::shock:

Wow Old Gold is well gold! Love the photos! Can you tell us how old of a spot these kinds of places are as in general era? Also it seems like a lot of the spots may be inland bays, etc as in very little surf to deal with? I understand if you would rather not say anything but I enjoy the out of the box details to the storyline. I think that’s the type of hunter you probably are as in going where others would never consider.

Again stellar year indeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to go Joe! That blue stone is a stunner! Man you stub your toe on more gold than i find:lol:

:dingding: Dude you're just a beast! :wow: When I grow up I want to be just like you.

That's insane! I thought I was catching up to you back before my knee surgery... looks like you just weren't posting all your finds lol

How much weight is that? Must be over a lb...

Keep going Joe... I know you will top your total from last year having watched you in action up here :) Congrats...

OBN, that's absolutely amazing! You need a fire-breathing dragon to be watching over that pile of gold. Congratulations!

...and that's called doing your homework ladies and gentlemen.
Thanks Aqua! Hours of research and foot work has netted me two spots that have been very good this year.

:shock:

Did I read that correctly? You have found 100 gold rings, THIS YEAR!? That's an incredible number, over 11 gold rings per month through September!

Incredible hunting to say the least, great research at that location, every beach hunter should take note!

Congrats on all the yellow and also that amazing silver ring dated to 1929! :wow::shock:
Yes, Sir...my 6th year of 100 plus. Besides being very Blessed with the wisdom of...much has came from old folks tells of...And that silver ring is 14k, but a odd one...seems its two rings, one white gold and the front yellow gold...Maybe why the back is dated. Not sure but I've found many interesting rings this year.

Attachments

• RD56.jpg
    RD56.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 569
  • RD47.jpg
    RD47.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 559
  • RD64.jpg
    RD64.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 582
  • RD 74.jpg
    RD 74.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 565
Last edited:
Wow Old Gold is well gold! Love the photos! Can you tell us how old of a spot these kinds of places are as in general era? Also it seems like a lot of the spots may be inland bays, etc as in very little surf to deal with? I understand if you would rather not say anything but I enjoy the out of the box details to the storyline. I think that’s the type of hunter you probably are as in going where others would never consider.

Again stellar year indeed!

I can share a little, most beachs here started in the early 1900's then closed in the late 60's, this spot here was once a public beach until the 60's but had moved up the beach more as time went by..if you go there now you would have no clue that the older beach was up 942 feet from the other, then you add on the eroding shore line and that puts the swimmers out deeper then one would think. Interesting I had a story from a old hunter who said back in the 80's there was a swim platform out very deep. But no mention of several, I have found some pilings but just for one..so the floats may have been floaters before then...

Attachments

• OBN0289.jpg
    OBN0289.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 570
Way to go Joe! That blue stone is a stunner! Man you stub your toe on more gold than i find:lol:
Thanks Buddy, Seems each year I come across one spot that gives me the push over 100...

:dingding: Dude you're just a beast! :wow: When I grow up I want to be just like you.
HaHa..No I'm justa old Pirate who loves hunting...I think all of us here feel the same, just some a lot younger...

Fantastic finds! Congrats on reaching 100!
Thanks Cellrdwellr, Very Blessed in many ways.

That's insane! I thought I was catching up to you back before my knee surgery... looks like you just weren't posting all your finds lol

How much weight is that? Must be over a lb...
A pound or more for 6 years now....

I post, but I only post my treasure now and then on the forums, I do the Ring Daddy but may stop that next year..NO one chasing me down this year so we will see, posting finds sucks up the time...cleaning stuff up, doing the lay out, then video..then pictures..posting, ..:oldguy:

Gold Rings #99 & #100 FTY

So cool thanks for a little back story. I can’t make much of the pic but that’s probably on purpose lol. I thought it was the lid of an old grand piano [emoji1787]

Back
Top Bottom