What's up with my Garrett Pro-Pointer AT???

pacer

My Garrett Pro-Pointer AT has been acting up. At first, for some reason I thought it was a battery issue. Apparently it was not. My problem is not consistent. At times it works just fine and then it doesn't. I turn it on and you hear the start-up beeps, I attempt to pin-point and nothing. I have to press and hold the button until it goes into the sensitivity option mode and and reselect the highest sensitivity. I hear the 3 beeps, I let it time out, it goes into the detect mode and then it works just fine. Any suggestions other than contacting Garrett? Thanks to all for taking the time to read this.

I've not had any problems with mine but I've heard of a few that had the same issue. They just turned it off and back on and it worked. That would be faster than going into setup mode.

Cliff

This pinpointer can be fidgity, even something as simple as a good battery brand can make a difference. I always take the stock battery out, the everready batteries are garbage IMO. I have had probably 6-7 carrots (sold a few in detector transactions and a few to friends) and none have ever had a by issues. My only complaint is the wearing down of the tip, which is a common issue with this model. Good luck and report back!

This pinpointer can be fidgity, even something as simple as a good battery brand can make a difference. I always take the stock battery out, the everready batteries are garbage IMO. I have had probably 6-7 carrots (sold a few in detector transactions and a few to friends) and none have ever had a by issues. My only complaint is the wearing down of the tip, which is a common issue with this model. Good luck and report back!
I wish I could use mine enough to wear down the tip. Lol

Cliff

Back
Top Bottom