1st silver after move back to MA

off the iron

Elite Member
I recently moved back to MA from Colorado and I'm still getting settled and unpacked. I did find a window to get out and detect for a few hours last Friday 9-13-19.

Was able to save 1935 Merc and a 1920 Wheat. Got a large silver ring, a once plated Navy bracelet - The chain was intact until I tried cleaning it - and a Green Cross of Safety for 1 year of No Accidents pin. The bottom says ARDC. I can find much info on it. The green cross of safety is a national award given out across a wide range of industry's. Any help on it is appreciated. Says Made in USA on the back so it must be somewhat old right?

Thanks for looking, if your in the MA/NH area and are looking for a hunting buddy let me know. Now that I am settled I plan on getting out more this fall.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 432
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 455
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 416
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 443
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 411
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 384
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 379
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 371
Your back in colonial heaven!!! Nice finds. Your area is a metal detectorist dream location!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your back in colonial heaven!!! Nice finds. Your area is a metal detectorist dream location!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks CW, I just barely started detecting when I moved away 6 years ago. On my first time out in Spring 2013 when I knew @#$% all about how to use a detector, I got lucky and dug a large cent. HA!

Good hunt. Now that your back in New England we expect to see you posting lots of largies and reales, lol....

Glad the move home is becoming complete Liam. Time will be limited for a while but it was nice to see a post with success from you. Congrats on the Merc and all the rest. Trapper

Glad the move home is becoming complete Liam. Time will be limited for a while but it was nice to see a post with success from you. Congrats on the Merc and all the rest. Trapper

Thanks Trapper, time has definitely not been kind to detecting recently. Hope that changes for the fall.

Possibly ARDC - American Research and Development Corporation - a venture capital and private equity firm from 1946 - 1972. They invested heavily in Digital Equipment Corp in Maynard, Ma. Maybe since they owned a majority of DEC that they gave out these pins to the employees. Just a guess.
Welcome back to Ma.

Possibly ARDC - American Research and Development Corporation - a venture capital and private equity firm from 1946 - 1972. They invested heavily in Digital Equipment Corp in Maynard, Ma. Maybe since they owned a majority of DEC that they gave out these pins to the employees. Just a guess.
Welcome back to Ma.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Another welcome back from Boston.
Newblue... I worked for DEC for 24 years, in Maynard, Acton, Marlboro & Salem NH.

Off the iron ... Now that you're back, check out our club, MTHA (Massachusetts Treasure Hunting Assoc), which meets in Newton Highlands.
web site: www.masstreasure.com

Jim

Congrats on a nice hunt! I’m in Middlesex county as well, I don’t have any private permissions, just hunting public spaces. I also have a camp in the lakes region of New Hampshire, let me know if you want to get together sometime for a hunt and welcome back to Massachusetts!

Welcome back! Hopefully we can get a hunt in soon, good luck in the meantime! Old stuff is pretty much everywhere around here...

Back
Top Bottom