• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Fisher Impulse AQ detector update

Was it October Rick :?::lol: When Fisher sky dives out of a plane over Vegas with the AQ , or is it a November :turkey: I like October better :pumpkins: better howbought it :D

Earl this detector has been around for years all you have to do is look for the info... this is not some new project... its the second coming of the Pulse Devil :laughing:

Cfm-ct Reply

If this is true , show me Fishers 1st addition , as a matter of fact just show me a Fisher Pi machine , it's been a while since I purchased a Fisher , waiting for the man sky diving from the plane with the AQ , but I think we will see the 1st Man on Mars 1st :roll::laughing: ,

The low end market seems to get the priority with all of the companies. It is always mentioned that the money is in that market. Myself....I see this PI as the savior of Fisher. But then what do I know about marketing?

I would love to say that i will,spend my money elsewhere if they don't hurry up with the release. But if it performs as advertised I know I won't.

I had some health issues this year along with learning a new job at my work. So my personal priorities kept me from detecting anyways. Before Spring? Maybe?

I believe Emery's project could have changed what we are using in the water had it happened. Most of us dont use a PI....... not because we wouldnt like to, but because time vs pay off just isnt there. BUT...... this machine could well change that and get other companies looking at PI tech more closely. For water hunting where VLFs loose a great deal of depth or are chatty....we may well get that leap we have been looking for. Everyone i know that hunts a lot in the water is waiting on this machine trying to get our hands on it when it first comes out.... always weighing cost, warranty, advantage, hype, and will it perform as advertised? After using the Nox and MDT with its ability to balance out salt water...... im hoping its being tested IN THE WATER not just wading around..... things change a good deal out there neck deep.

If this is true , show me Fishers 1st addition , as a matter of fact just show me a Fisher Pi machine , it's been a while since I purchased a Fisher , waiting for the man sky diving from the plane with the AQ , but I think we will see the 1st Man on Mars 1st :roll::laughing: ,

I should have copied the links Earl it was a French site.. now I forgot the keywords I used to find the site... no matter

But for your reading pleasure here is a link to the Pulse Devil and all the hype back then...

Its too bad the guy didn't have the money for production...

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting/54856-pulse-devil-getting-closer.html

Cfm-ct Reply

Pulse Devel 1st version , 2nd version , claims that never came out, products sometimes never make it to the market for several reasons , hope it's not the case with the Fisher AQ machine , if it's not out by the end of the year , I'll pass , instead of the Pulse Devel , it will be named the Ghost Devel :roll::lol::dingding::impatient::worms::furious::furious::furious::furious:

im hoping its being tested IN THE WATER not just wading around..... things change a good deal out there neck deep.

Sure does once submerged and nothing against the ones I have seen using the "AQ" but that's not what I would consider the type of hunting I have planned for it. I've learned from experience the constant movement. and the pressures of the movement, and underwater currents can affect the detector over a short period of time, then you add more time under there will be issues no matter what. Reason a two year warranty is a must.

A warranty is far more important than price to me Joe.....maybe cause I break so much lol. I just don’t want it tested in the water 6 months after the release like the Nox was

The ?

For me is, maybe OBN can answer this , as he knows my hunting grounds , without much gold here , unless the beach gets striped from a storm, will this machine pay for itself -even if I hunted more , if there is no gold to be found here , and would it be endless hunts , with nothing to show for it, plus the fact of ---minus other treasure, this detector will just plan go over without hitting, the hunts I did this year, brought silver, tungsten,coins junk jewelry, I phones , no gold but plated , say if the gold just plain isn't here , :?: Is it really worth the purchase :dontthinkso::no2::nah::chef:

For me is, maybe OBN can answer this , as he knows my hunting grounds , without much gold here , unless the beach gets striped from a storm, will this machine pay for itself -even if I hunted more , if there is no gold to be found here , and would it be endless hunts , with nothing to show for it, plus the fact of ---minus other treasure, this detector will just plan go over without hitting, the hunts I did this year, brought silver, tungsten,coins junk jewelry, I phones , no gold but plated , say if the gold just plain isn't here , :?: Is it really worth the purchase :dontthinkso::no2::nah::chef:

Earl... you can google French Titanium Adonis this wonder machine was supposed to go into production and it never happened... that was back in 2007..

Just so happens the guy who is working on the AQ with Fisher was mentioned in a post about the Adonis...

This should help you out... there are other links out there.

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,118896

Craig

Thanks for the link, the only ? Is when :laughing: , maybe I need to bust the pinata to let the cat out of the bag :laughing: , at least ML keeps you guessing , the silent treatment is torture :snapoutofit: :impatient::frustrated::pullhair::jail:

I'll own it. Yeah that's right. THE KOB !!!! A little more battery juice , but not that much. Internal tweakage is paramount. But here's a bigger secret Sandy , try a hearing aid in conjunction with your headphones ! Or maybe a Q-tip before hitting beach....measure some of the holes you dig , 2 feet ain't that much. You'd be surprised.

24+ inches is not that much, really??? So an average woman's ring is from 2-4 grams and a men's 4-7 grams approx... You must really have one heck of pulse machine. I know the holes I dig… I also know my high powered pulse machines and I would never make the boasts like you have…

So you own it, ok that is good to know. Tell you what, I will mark off a 15 by 15 yard area in the wet sand, bury an 8 gram ring 28". You going to find it? In fact, if you find it you can keep it… No risk to you whatsoever.

But if you really want to own it… I am willing to put my money where my mouth is, $ 500 dollars says you don't find it, if you do you make a quick half grand and get an above average size mans gold ring. If you don't find it, you donate the money you would lose to the forum... Don't care nor want your money...

By doing it that way, it does not matter to me if you find it or not. So I am out a ring and a few bucks. Big deal. But you agree to just find the ring, not the bet, you are not willing to really back up your boast. If you don't find the ring at all or refuse my offer... I was at least willing to put it out there...

Larry....... i understand what you are saying about not much advantage with a PI in your area. Its much like i said.......if the targets are there you MIGHT gain by this machine, BUT.... if you have 2' or more sand pushed in nothing is getting down there without sand movement.

SSC....interesting read about Dave Emery..... i did a google on him and got even more info. Shame his machine just never got to us. Wonder why? To expensive for any company to take on at the time? OR was someone waiting until his patents expired to use the info?

His design was actually solid when you understand what he was aiming for. Coil would be the big factor on that machine. Building one under a delay of 10 is tricky, even if it checks out may still be not optimized. Just like larger coils usually need the delay advanced to be "happy"... Even with the Fisher a supposed 12.5" coil running at the delay that has been talked about... I wonder. There are areas I hunt that I can not run at a pulse delay of 9,10, 11, or 12 because of the minelalization, and they are talking lower. Even with a ground cancelling coil running even lower than 9... If you look carefully at the posts about the Fisher, bad ground/high mineralization is never brought up, nor is hunting in the water. All on wet sand, a delay that low in 3 or 4 feet of moving sea water... If that machine only goes to a delay of 12 or 13 on the upper end... It makes the "niche" of users even smaller. The thing that gets me, is how can most people even compare it to anything. How many have an Aquastar, a GS5, a Deepstar, or any other high powered pulse. (Even the Beach Hunter model, I still consider that low power.) The action his coil was to do, the coil build could be even tougher.

As I understand it, he had backing here and there. But there was always a delay in production. It got pretty nasty as I remember, when money gets involved people want results. Add in a forum environment, and it became a 3 ring circus. What people don’t realize is that an investment is just that, a risk.

Power would be tricky too, too much and the coil gets saturated. Not enough and the coil is not optimized. Most are under the impression that pushing the power on a pulse is the only way. It is one part of the equation, but what about the front-end and how much is really getting to the coil... Not to mention the actual winding and design of the coil. I went through half a dozen coils until I found one that really liked being run at over 18v, and even then the coil shape I had to tinker with... It had “hot spots…”

Hope you are doing well, may actually be in your neck of the woods after Thanksgiving. If I am able to hunt by then... Been a bumpy year for me, last year was all about taking care of my folks. This year it was me that was under the weather... Ha...

Sorry Earl, I would say no....if your planning on paying for it with your gold found. OC MD at one time was a Hot spot, but times have changed and beach replenishment has killed the good old days. But keep this in mind, all it takes is one nice 2 carat diamond ring and Boom! ..:thumbsup:..but that maybe something any machine could find..:mder:

If it ever does come about, And I think it will..I still don't see it replacing My Excalibur. The Excalibur I know well enough to where it will find the right spots, then once I see the need for a PI I will use the Fisher. All I need is Raw depth...and water proof.

All just a dream at this point...:tropical:

For me is, maybe OBN can answer this , as he knows my hunting grounds , without much gold here , unless the beach gets striped from a storm, will this machine pay for itself -even if I hunted more , if there is no gold to be found here , and would it be endless hunts , with nothing to show for it, plus the fact of ---minus other treasure, this detector will just plan go over without hitting, the hunts I did this year, brought silver, tungsten,coins junk jewelry, I phones , no gold but plated , say if the gold just plain isn't here , :?: Is it really worth the purchase
How many more hunts are we talking about here Earl? 2 or 3 more hunts a year? You don't want to overexert yourself! :p :lol:

24+ inches is not that much, really??? So an average woman's ring is from 2-4 grams and a men's 4-7 grams approx... You must really have one heck of pulse machine. I know the holes I dig… I also know my high powered pulse machines and I would never make the boasts like you have…

So you own it, ok that is good to know. Tell you what, I will mark off a 15 by 15 yard area in the wet sand, bury an 8 gram ring 28". You going to find it? In fact, if you find it you can keep it… No risk to you whatsoever.

But if you really want to own it… I am willing to put my money where my mouth is, $ 500 dollars says you don't find it, if you do you make a quick half grand and get an above average size mans gold ring. If you don't find it, you donate the money you would lose to the forum... Don't care nor want your money...

By doing it that way, it does not matter to me if you find it or not. So I am out a ring and a few bucks. Big deal. But you agree to just find the ring, not the bet, you are not willing to really back up your boast. If you don't find the ring at all or refuse my offer... I was at least willing to put it out there...

His design was actually solid when you understand what he was aiming for. Coil would be the big factor on that machine. Building one under a delay of 10 is tricky, even if it checks out may still be not optimized. Just like larger coils usually need the delay advanced to be "happy"... Even with the Fisher a supposed 12.5" coil running at the delay that has been talked about... I wonder. There are areas I hunt that I can not run at a pulse delay of 9,10, 11, or 12 because of the minelalization, and they are talking lower. Even with a ground cancelling coil running even lower than 9... If you look carefully at the posts about the Fisher, bad ground/high mineralization is never brought up, nor is hunting in the water. All on wet sand, a delay that low in 3 or 4 feet of moving sea water... If that machine only goes to a delay of 12 or 13 on the upper end... It makes the "niche" of users even smaller. The thing that gets me, is how can most people even compare it to anything. How many have an Aquastar, a GS5, a Deepstar, or any other high powered pulse. (Even the Beach Hunter model, I still consider that low power.) The action his coil was to do, the coil build could be even tougher.

As I understand it, he had backing here and there. But there was always a delay in production. It got pretty nasty as I remember, when money gets involved people want results. Add in a forum environment, and it became a 3 ring circus. What people don’t realize is that an investment is just that, a risk.

Power would be tricky too, too much and the coil gets saturated. Not enough and the coil is not optimized. Most are under the impression that pushing the power on a pulse is the only way. It is one part of the equation, but what about the front-end and how much is really getting to the coil... Not to mention the actual winding and design of the coil. I went through half a dozen coils until I found one that really liked being run at over 18v, and even then the coil shape I had to tinker with... It had “hot spots…”

Hope you are doing well, may actually be in your neck of the woods after Thanksgiving. If I am able to hunt by then... Been a bumpy year for me, last year was all about taking care of my folks. This year it was me that was under the weather... Ha...

You might want to change your name. Because sandcrabs dig deep , YOU do not. Where did I mention ring weight and depth ? I did not. Your idea of an average man's gold ring at 4 - 7 grams is way different than mine. True , I probably won't find a 4 gram ring at 28". But obviously you have never found a 15gram gold ring at 24". I know my finds and depths I find them. You don't believe - I don't care. Maybe you need to tinker more with your machines to get them to unlock the secret for you. But I doubt you will. Your mind is closed. A 13" deep scoop might help as well for you. Haha ! Do the math , son. Just a few scoops gets you down 24+. Easy , unless your digging with a 4" childs scoop !
When Pryan67 hunted with me recently and found that diamond ring , he was using the NOX ! I was using a PI. But not my modified PI. That comes out when certain conditions are epic. Pryan's ring was about 18" down , though we didn't tape it. WITH THE NOX ! I think the ring was lightweight as well. Ask him , he will say the same.
As for me taking your $ and ring , just donate it already to the forum in THE KOB's name !
Rather not have you being hospitalized for a "panic" attack !

Felix

I went at least 10 times this summer , when's the last time you saw the Pope and confessed :roll::dingding: , at least i am a honest man , Sand crab don't get Kob started, he's like a hurricane once it happen's there is no turning him off :laughing: , it's been a good thread so far :lol: OBN - I definately will watch you play with your's a while and get feedback , as i won't jump the guy sky diving now NO Big Deal , The price just dropped to 1500 $ Clams , or No Deal Fish --- :realitycheck::okpeople::spiteful::tropical:

I went at least 10 times this summer , when's the last time you saw the Pope and confessed :roll::dingding: , at least i am a honest man , Sand crab don't get Kob started, he's like a hurricane once it happen's there is no turning him off :laughing: , it's been a good thread so far :lol: OBN - I definately will watch you play with your's a while and get feedback , as i won't jump the guy sky diving now NO Big Deal , The price just dropped to 1500 $ Clams , or No Deal Fish --- :realitycheck::okpeople::spiteful::tropical:

Nice 1 Surfmaster ! Hurricane KOB ! Yeah you're right again. GL on this "Ghost Detector " thing. Hope you all get to buy 1. Off to my KOB Tours....

A few years ago a storm moved the sand in OC Maryland. There were islands of sand off shore. My friends and I got lucky with a few finds. But I was just in awe of the amount of sand that piled up to make those islands. One thing I learned.......It will take a significant weather system to move it again. Short of that the beaches are fresh drop hunting.

But then a few beers at Bull in the Beach with friends eating roast beef isn't bad either.

Goodmore

Thankyou, for explaining my- hunting beaches here , most down South , and up North , just dont get it , maybe they will catch on one day :laughing: Amen brother :thumbsup: there is a 10 % chance of that happening, i think they like getting under my skin like a Jigger , Craig's a pro at it :roll::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Must Be

Bad new's , lytle 78 hasn't chimed in since the beginning of August :shock:, maybe the AQ is on the back burner OBN , silence of the Lamb's it look's like ----not good :sneaking::sneaking::sneaking::sneaking::sneaking::waiting::hmmm::confused::gaah::stormy:

Back
Top Bottom