Computer Printers

TheCoilist

Elite Member
So... I have an Epson Eccotank 2550 and it was GREAT when I was printing shipping labels all day everyday. Now it's no longer being used for business and is strictly household. But because it's rarely used, the ink has gotten weird and it needs new printheads, etc.

It was a $400 printer when I got it but saved so much $$ on ink. It just doesn't print like it used to and we need something that can be used for printing for school projects, etc.

Can someone tell me some good brands these days for color inkjet printers? Hopefully something that won't cost a mint for ink. I used to use Lexmark, but they're no longer making ink jets.

Also, for a Mac household.

So... I have an Epson Eccotank 2550 and it was GREAT when I was printing shipping labels all day everyday. Now it's no longer being used for business and is strictly household. But because it's rarely used, the ink has gotten weird and it needs new printheads, etc.

It was a $400 printer when I got it but saved so much $$ on ink. It just doesn't print like it used to and we need something that can be used for printing for school projects, etc.

Can someone tell me some good brands these days for color inkjet printers? Hopefully something that won't cost a mint for ink. I used to use Lexmark, but they're no longer making ink jets.

Also, for a Mac household.

If you absolutely MUST have color then I really can't help you.. as ALL Inkjets I have used eventually experience the same issue you are describing.. Lack of use causes clogs print head issues etc..
If Black//grey and white is workable for you then I suggest an HP LaserJet something like this..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079QRKWLX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

you really can't go wrong with it..

I am torn between color inkjets and laser printers. I have been even during the printers business use days. 90% of what we print is black and white, but the kiddos do sometimes need to print photos/pictures for homework assignments, etc. But I don't see that happening in the future much being that everything has gone digital.

How long do the laser printer toner's last? And the cost comparison... I have heard lasers are very expensive to maintain.

I gave up on printers. If they are not being used almost daily they clog up.
You could make sure you print a test everyday. I tried that before I gave up and started using the library's machine.

I am torn between color inkjets and laser printers. I have been even during the printers business use days. 90% of what we print is black and white, but the kiddos do sometimes need to print photos/pictures for homework assignments, etc. But I don't see that happening in the future much being that everything has gone digital.

How long do the laser printer toner's last? And the cost comparison... I have heard lasers are very expensive to maintain.

No more than a Inkjet and a cartridge lasts forever

$49.89 for the Printer I showed you

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B6LKF98/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you absolutely MUST have color then I really can't help you.. as ALL Inkjets I have used eventually experience the same issue you are describing.. Lack of use causes clogs print head issues etc..
If Black//grey and white is workable for you then I suggest an HP LaserJet something like this..

..[/QUOTE] I too will never buy an... color I'll go somewhere and have it printed.

I too will never buy another injet. I've been using b/w lasers for years. If I need color I'll go somewhere and have it printed.

+1 same here, got tired of ink jet systems drying up.

We've been using a unit that works as a wireless printer and as a copy machine and you can even scan to or from a USB flash drive.

We have been using this for years and the high yield TN-650 toner cartridge usually lasts easily over a year.

The unit itself seems to have a newer version now but the one I have still seems to be available.

Brother DCP-8080dn Digital Copier and Laser Printer w/Duplex Printing and Networking

https://www.amazon.com/Brother-DCP-8080dn-Digital-Printing-Networking/dp/B0026JL9RG

+1 same here, got tired of ink jet systems drying up.

We've been using a unit that works as a wireless printer and as a copy machine and you can even scan to or from a USB flash drive.

We have been using this for years and the high yield TN-650 toner cartridge usually lasts easily over a year.

The unit itself seems to have a newer version now but the one I have still seems to be available.

Brother DCP-8080dn Digital Copier and Laser Printer w/Duplex Printing and Networking

https://www.amazon.com/Brother-DCP-8080dn-Digital-Printing-Networking/dp/B0026JL9RG

Thing looks like it's a BEAST! How big is it in the real world?

I totally forgot I would need copy/scan capabilities for sure. That is something I can't go without.

Back
Top Bottom