• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Last few dime CRH's nets many awesome goodies. UPDATED WITH PICS

Usa

Elite Member
Well it's been some time since I posted a CRH update till now. I have gone through quite a few dime boxes and this is my bounty. I was so thrilled to see the worn silver edge of the 1917 merc and old canadian, I am still hoping for a barber soon. I have averaged 2 silver per box, is this unusual? or average? I once had four in one box, but never 2 in the same roll. Anyway... TQ for looking & HH. - Levi:p

Trying to load pics.

Attachments

• 7D13707F-7F26-4D05-A2A4-B92F8777915F.jpg
    7D13707F-7F26-4D05-A2A4-B92F8777915F.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 315
  • C01487CE-B8CD-4E1C-9EB7-D3C09B73444F.jpg
    C01487CE-B8CD-4E1C-9EB7-D3C09B73444F.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 313
  • 1C185563-2FC5-4C61-AB47-A3C164E66AF3.jpg
    1C185563-2FC5-4C61-AB47-A3C164E66AF3.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 298
  • CA10A405-64EB-4BB5-92A2-3E748D524C49.jpg
    CA10A405-64EB-4BB5-92A2-3E748D524C49.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Amazing finds, Levi! Congratulations! You have found a ton of goodies recently - keep it up! :woot:

I have averaged 2 silver per box, is this unusual? or average?
When I was doing good I averaged 1 every 2 boxes, which I think is more common. I think you're on to an amazing collection dump! :cool3:

Levi, when KT started CRHing some 7 years ago, He tried out a box of dimes, and for the effort got 2 silvers, both Rosies. But because of KT's eyes, His Majesty had to wear Optivisors to read the dates....crick in the Royal neck was the result!:laughing::laughing:

So that is when KT decided that halves were right for Him!:D:D Anyway Royal Congrats on those silver dimes! ;);)

Nice!

I hunted dimes between 2010-2014, and found over 1,000 silver dimes. My average was one silver per $140, or almost two per box. Best roll held 27. 100+ mercs and six Barbers. 150+ silver Canadians including a 1900.

I sometimes miss roll hunting, may get back in some day. Good luck to you.

Amazing finds, Levi! Congratulations! You have found a ton of goodies recently - keep it up! :woot:

When I was doing good I averaged 1 every 2 boxes, which I think is more common. I think you're on to an amazing collection dump! :cool3:
Thanks Garrett. Glad you are doing better now.
Nice!

I hunted dimes between 2010-2014, and found over 1,000 silver dimes. My average was one silver per $140, or almost two per box. Best roll held 27. 100+ mercs and six Barbers. 150+ silver Canadians including a 1900.

I sometimes miss roll hunting, may get back in some day. Good luck to you. .
Thanks, It sounds like you have done quite well
KT had to comment again! Your pics really are worth 10,000 words! Royal Thanks for posting them!:lol::lol:
Thanks KT.
Dang nice work :thumbsup:
Thank you
It looks like you’ve been doing quite well searching dime rolls. Congrats and keep up the good work!
Thanks
Congrats on the fine dimes. I have trouble looking through because it’s tough on the eyes, but you clearly have done well.
Thanks. I think thats why many people don't do them anymore.

Congrats on the fine dimes. I have trouble looking through because it’s tough on the eyes, but you clearly have done well.
Here’s a tip, forget looking at dates. When you crack a roll, pour the whole thing into the palm of your hand, so the roll is in line and you are looking at the edges. Concentrate on just the clad rims, and then the “white” silver edge will stand out like a sore thumb. If that make any sense.

I doubt you will miss any silvers using that method. Sure, you may find a dirty silver rim from time to time, but not often. When you get efficient at this you should be able to search and re-roll in around ten seconds. I did that for years.
This method allows one to search large volumes in short order.

Here’s a tip, forget looking at dates. When you crack a roll, pour the whole thing into the palm of your hand, so the roll is in line and you are looking at the edges. Concentrate on just the clad rims, and then the “white” silver edge will stand out like a sore thumb. If that make any sense.

I doubt you will miss any silvers using that method. Sure, you may find a dirty silver rim from time to time, but not often. When you get efficient at this you should be able to search and re-roll in around ten seconds. I did that for years.

Great tip for dime CRHers, amc rulz! Thanks from every1 for that one! :D

This is the main method I use as well. :cool3:

Attachments

• March - Silver Dime Ender (Resized).jpg
    March - Silver Dime Ender (Resized).jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 484
When mercury dimes in dime rolls hit circulation people must pick them out immediately. I'm in my 40s and have never received a mercury dime in circulation.

Back
Top Bottom