Election day reminder

C+L

And no, this is not politics. Just a reminder to get out and vote. I don't wanna know who your voting for, I just want to remind you all to exercise your right... After all, That's what so many soldiers fought and died for; to give us the right to do so. Don't take their sacrifice for granted, get out and vote.

And be polite to those you disagree with. I have been voting for 35 years and don't remember this much hatred and violence from all sides.
Why can't we all just get along?

And be polite to those you disagree with. I have been voting for 35 years and don't remember this much hatred and violence from all sides.

Yes, It is definitely a shame how much hatred goes on around election day. No one will ever change my mind about major politics, But if my candidate gets voted out in 2020... I wont start a riot and burn down everything I can. People have forgotten how to be kind and voice an opinion without totally attacking someone, Or how to loose without starting a riot.
So with that said..... Be polite and vote like our REPUBLIC depends on it, 'cause it does.

And no, this is not politics. Just a reminder to get out and vote. I don't wanna know who your voting for, I just want to remind you all to exercise your right... After all, That's what so many soldiers fought and died for; to give us the right to do so. Don't take their sacrifice for granted, get out and vote.

I can't vote! I'm 13

I can't vote! I'm 13

Fair enough, Smirk. Did you notice that this thread was started back in November of '18?

That being said, if I may be so bold......start paying a little attention to what the "adults" in politics do and say. I know, you're only thirteen, but in five short years, you'll be legal to vote, and thus reap, or suffer, the consequences of your decision(s).
Once you've started forming an opinion of the "adults" in politics, I suggest you ask yourself a question; "Would I like to have this person as a friend?" If you decide they wouldn't make a very favorable friend, then I suggest they don't deserve something as honorable as your vote. I'll leave it at that, before I get censored for politics on the forum.

Roger

I like to think that most people are "normal" in their disagreements. They respect each other's opinions even if they don't see eye to eye. But there is a fringe element on both sides of the aisle who are freaking nuts. Sadly, the fringe people are the ones who get all of the airtime. One of my plant managers had an interesting management style that I think translates to today's world. He used to say it was best to have just a little turmoil among the employees. He said if they are focused on what each other are doing, we can do what we want, and they won't notice. I wonder if those in power aren't doing that to us on a grand scale.

One of my plant managers had an interesting management style that I think translates to today's world. He used to say it was best to have just a little turmoil among the employees. He said if they are focused on what each other are doing, we can do what we want, and they won't notice. I wonder if those in power aren't doing that to us on a grand scale.

Hmmm. When my wife was still working, one of the areas she worked in was in admissions at the local hospital. The department manager had what I termed as a "conflict management" style. Tried to keep all her underlings in at least mild disagreement with each other, thus easier to "manage" as individuals, rather than a united group. Your comments make me wonder if you aren't (at least) partially correct. If our "leaders" can keep large groups in disagreement with each other, then it stands to reason "they" would only have to deal with smaller groups, rather than a truly united populace.
Food for thought.

Roger

Fair enough, Smirk. Did you notice that this thread was started back in November of '18?

That being said, if I may be so bold......start paying a little attention to what the "adults" in politics do and say. I know, you're only thirteen, but in five short years, you'll be legal to vote, and thus reap, or suffer, the consequences of your decision(s).
Once you've started forming an opinion of the "adults" in politics, I suggest you ask yourself a question; "Would I like to have this person as a friend?" If you decide they wouldn't make a very favorable friend, then I suggest they don't deserve something as honorable as your vote. I'll leave it at that, before I get censored for politics on the forum.

Roger

Ok! :yes:

Because humans have never just got along...

Back
Top Bottom