What’s the hot dual purpose machine these days?

Turbomunkey

I’ve been a member here a good while, and in that time I’ve started and stopped detecting a handful of times for one reason or another. I’ve owned a Tesoro sandshark, Fisher f5, and two At pros. I am back yet again deliberating picking up a machine as the weather is cooling and I’m bored. My question is, what similar machines exist like the At pro where it can be used both in and out of water. Maybe something a little better than an AT? Maybe a back light?

Thanks for your input.

Equinox 600 or 800, Nokta Makro Kruzer or Multi Kruzer, Nokta Makro Anfibio or the new Nokta Makro Simplex $339 with wireless headphones. You could also try the AT Max. It has a backlight, volume control and a threshold based all metal mode. It is reported to be 50% more powerful than the AT Pro. It still has the slow recovery speed and target separation of the AT Pro however. It also has the outdated audio features including the very brash, can't adjust the volume level-Iron Audio just like the AT Pro. And then there is always the Whites MX Sport, a nice detector that had an awful first couple of months after being released but seems to have the problems solved now.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom