Garret Carrot confusion

Ok, you want a Garrett pinpointer. But keep this in mind.

I owned one for 3 years.

on the Carrott the way you have to cycle thru all sensitivity settings just to back up one increment was a pain in the rear.

Now have the Minelab Pro find -35 and it has the simple + or - button to go in either direction. so backing up one increment is one click not cycling through to get back around just one increment.

Plus the mine Lab Pro Find 35 has a neat feature to indicate the target being ferrous or non-ferrous. That feature is not super helpful to me since once I am in a hole I dig out everything. But it does help you find a coin hiding in a bunch of rusty metal in your hole rather than give up when you start pulling up lots of rusting pieces of metal. At least you know there is a non-ferrous target to be had so you can keep digging.

I got a Vibraprobe 580. Water proof. Simple on/ off. Low battery usage. Tough. Long so I dont have to get on one knee to locate. Silent. This one is 4.5 years old.

Last edited:
The Propointer was great, I had 2 and both lasted about 3-4 years but eventually both switches went bad.
I called Garrett and the tech told me if I sent both in together they would repair both for the price of one repair, about $20, and send them back to me.
A great deal and offer I thought on an out of warranty product.
But I never did because they still kinda worked and I didn't want to hunt without one.
I also had a Deteknix one but that crapped out after a month or so and I just won't hunt without a pinpointer.

Then I got a Carrot from Bart at the beginning of last year, maybe a little before that.
The switch is way better and I have no issues.

Garrett Carrot

My Garrette Pointer acts weard when the battery is low. The first one I purchased lasted me a year, and then it started making noises. I mailed it to Garrett, and they sent me the one i have now. I love mine. Both were new when I first got them. Garrette has a good warrenty.
HH everyone

Back
Top Bottom