Silver, Sterling and a Buffalo, 120 FTY

I dunno, Trapper, I'm with Dew on this one. You and IDX out there swinging coils...that's a "silver heist" going down! Laughing and hand-shaking with law enforcement? Then posting the spoils (that were under their nose the whole time) on the 'net? Man, that's brash! :laughing:

Nice Silver Trapper! And glad you could hunt with a friend, that does make the detecting enjoyable! Have had a few encounters with Mr. PoPo while detecting, thankfully all have turned out great with no issues or problems from the police. I guess some folks try to mind everyone else's business not just their own. Sounds like you handled this one really well too.
Appreciate your kind words David, thank you. Your very right about the shared hunts, they are always more rewarding. This was not my first encounter with the police while detecting. I'm happy to say that they ended without any problems. Trapper
Congrats on 120! You are having a heck of a year! Hope the success continues. HH
Thank you Ben for the reply. It is not close to the year I had last year but I'm pretty happy with my digs this year. Sharing time and the experience with great friends always makes the hunts even better. Trapper

Just remarkable...as always!
Thank you Dave for you kind reply. It is not last year but I'm still digging some Silver. Trapper
Congrats on the added silvers Trapper. I love it when nebby people get shown up like that!:lol:
Appreciate the kind words Fred, thank you. I don't love them but would love to put them in some discomfort, just a little bit.:yes: Trapper

Congrats on the silver finds...….too bad about the busybody calling the cops but at least nothing bad came of it. One time back in 2013 someone called on us and we had to leave but not before the cop had us sit in our car and wait while he called in to check to see if there were any warrants out on us!

Congrats on the very nice finds. Keep it up.
HD
Thank you HD. I hope to keep it running for a long time. Well at least as long as my health allows for it. Trapper
Trapper congrats on another fine week and all the silver. I have had the cops called on me several times only for them to tell me, Look I know there is no law against what your doing but I had to answer the call. One in particular I was on a sports field and a couple who was running their dogs called on us while there was huge sign on the gate that said no dogs allowed on field. Some people just have to be d--ks. HH Mark
Appreciate your reply Mark, thank you. It is funny the Park we were hunting had no dogs signs everywhere and there we several people with dogs in the park. Although they all disappeared when the officer arrived at the scene. Trapper

Congrats Trapper adding a few more to the count.Police encounters are fun! Had a few myself,both ended well. Its all about attitude,how you present yourself. Happy Hunting.

Congrats on all those great finds!
Thank you Twizzler as your reply is appreciated. I'm on a pretty good run right now, probably jinx myself as I have dug Silver in 7 straight outings. Trapper
I dunno, Trapper, I'm with Dew on this one. You and IDX out there swinging coils...that's a "silver heist" going down! Laughing and hand-shaking with law enforcement? Then posting the spoils (that were under their nose the whole time) on the 'net? Man, that's brash! :laughing:
Heck of a nice compliment Blaise, thank you. I suppose I should start keeping a much lower profile, don't want to make it to the most wanted list. I'm a pretty small fellow and can hide behind twigs. If I put on camo clothing I maybe could blend in with the grass but Monster is a very impressive individual. If he is spotted it is sure to bring out multiple units of swat teams. Maybe even the National Guard:yes::D:laughing::lol: Trapper

Trapper, congrats on 120 (probably more by now even ;)) you do amazing work, just amazing.
Appreciate your reply Jeff, thank you. Your right its a bit more now than the 120 as I am on a pretty good run of late and now have a streak of 8 hunts in a row digging Silver. Getting back on permissions has helped the cause. But that's my next thread. Trapper
Congrats on the silver finds...….too bad about the busybody calling the cops but at least nothing bad came of it. One time back in 2013 someone called on us and we had to leave but not before the cop had us sit in our car and wait while he called in to check to see if there were any warrants out on us!
Thank you Ed for your reply. The officer episode wasn't messy at all, actually very pleasant. Glad I was not involved in yours, that officer must have been a real dick. Did have a officer that put some pressure on me in a small town south of here, had multiple run in's with her. First one I was walking back to my truck in a very small park when she stopped. She said someone complained of my presents there but did not make a issue as I was leaving. About 3 weeks later I was at a school detecting a soccer field. The groundskeeper was out there with me as I helped him with setting the markers for chalking the lines. This time she came out with the town statutes that said detecting town property was illegal. I had been detecting these parks and grounds for a couple of years and did not have any issues prior. Anyway the conversation became a bit heated. The groundskeeper defending me probably did not set well with her and she must have felt her authority was threatened as she said if she seen me again detecting she would arrest me. At that point she told me she would confiscate my finds and asked me trash pouch. The look on her face as she dumped all the can slaw, pull tabs and bits of metal wire and shards was priceless. She never asked what was in my pockets. The following Sunday I was on a permission a few blocks from that school and she pulled up again. I said I was on private property still she ordered me to stop and go to the door with her as she checked out if I had asked permission. It turned out the owner was a ex council member and he set her straight about a few items. Never seen her again. Trapper

nice finds congrats trapper
Thank you Mark for your reply. Next report will have some numbers as I have has some really good hunts the last week and a half. Trapper
Congrats on the goodies! :woot: Keep at it.
Appreciate you kind words Garrett, thank you. If you liked what you seen in this report my next one is going to really make you smile. I now have a streak of 8 hunts digging Silver. Trapper

Congrats on the silvers and other finds. It’s been incredibly dry here so no hunting the last few weeks. We need some rain!

Nice finds Trapper [emoji106] Good to hear your encounter went well.
And an eight hunt streak!?! Holy macaroni, that is awesome!

Congrats Trapper adding a few more to the count.Police encounters are fun! Had a few myself,both ended well. Its all about attitude,how you present yourself. Happy Hunting.
Appreciate your reply Jonny, thank you. Like you police are no longer a panic. Some people in this society just think they know better than the rest. Others just like to create drama and controversy. Trapper
Congrats on the silvers and other finds. It’s been incredibly dry here so no hunting the last few weeks. We need some rain!
Thank you Jerry for the reply. Weather here has improved greatly as we got enough rain the last couple of weeks that has allowed me to get back on some permissions. Hope it improves in your country very soon. Trapper
Nice finds Trapper [emoji106] Good to hear your encounter went well.
And an eight hunt streak!?! Holy macaroni, that is awesome!
Thank you Mike for your kind words, they are a appreciated. Please to let you know the Silver streak is now at nine. Went to a permission last night and dug a Silver GW on my first dig. Be reporting the last five hunts in a couple od days. Trapper

I am bowing in your general direction sir. Excellent hunt and report.
:bowdown:
Thank you Dave for the reply, it is appreciated. Keep a eye out for my next thread as it will have a few nice coins in it. Plus I'm going to have a give away with it. Trapper
Congrats on the silver, glade to see your encounter with the police went well.
Appreciate your reply Carl. The police visit was actually a nice encounter. Received a phone call a couple of days back from the officer with a invite to hunt their hobby farm. Was told the house was built in the very early 1900's. Trapping season is rapidly approaching. Only going to chase "Rats" and "Yote's" this year. Trapping

Congrats Trapper!!! Been a while!! My wife has been sick, and life in general has been in the way.
Glad you found a little time Travis, I'm always thankful for your replies. Need you to check out my next thread. I'm going to have a little curve ball in it that may spur some interest in it. Should be posting it later today. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom