• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

NOX 600 trouble

CJW

Just recently bought the 600, I guess it air tests fine because I can get it to hit a dime at 9" and a quarter at 10". Problem is I have a dime at 8" and a nickle at 8" and it can't seem to find them no matter what mode, swing speed or sensitivity and the coins are buried in regular top soil in my back yard. I just had it back to the dealer because of the problem and they replaced to coil and said that was the problem because it kept giving very different ground balance numbers over the same spot. Second problem is my soundpeats wont connect to the NOX so I hooked up my TAOTronics to it to use the soundpeats (both are low latency) but now I hear the sounds coming from my soundpeats and through the detector speaker at the same time. I'm wondering if I got a lemon. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I forgot to mention the ground balance problem seemed to be intermittent.

Following.

I have had some iffy issues with my 600 too. AT Pro will pick up coins that the 600 simply doesn't see, or it gives completely wrong VDI readings and blanks out. Usually coins between 6-10 inches as well in various soil conditions and water. Only when I have tracking GB on did it *seem* to do better.

I tried the 3 resets and that didn't work. I also just tried ground balancing it in the same exact spot and got 31 then 52 then 64. I called customer support, the lady took my name and number but they haven't called back. I'm thinking I should have kept the Fisher F75. The bad part it hit a 3 ringer at a supposed 10" where I purchased the detector but it cant seem to find a coin past 4 or 5 inches.

I tried the 3 resets and that didn't work. I also just tried ground balancing it in the same exact spot and got 31 then 52 then 64. I called customer support, the lady took my name and number but they haven't called back. I'm thinking I should have kept the Fisher F75. The bad part it hit a 3 ringer at a supposed 10" where I purchased the detector but it cant seem to find a coin past 4 or 5 inches.

Don’t throw away the idea just yet CJ, the EQ with the stock coil works very well. If there is an electronics issue of some kind, let the company correct it and then spend some time with it. Make SURE your sensitivity is 18+ if possible and make SURE the machine is STABLE(don’t operate it with chirping and nonsense going on when the coil is stationary, even if it means setting sensitivity below 18). An unstable machine will not let the machine convey intelligible information which makes it useless.
If it’s “actin’ funny”, it probably is, as long as you’ve Noise cancelled and have sensitivity set correctly. Good luck and keep us posted...

Took it back to where I bought it (they are also a minelab service center) found out that it wasnt even close to GB correctly and wouldn't get the same numbers GB the exact same spot 3 times in a row, we also noticed depth performance was off by 20-25 percent, and after a while it would start chirping for no reason. They put a new head unit on and I took it home and now it hits the coins in the test garden and runs smooth, Now I just have to learn the detector.

Took it back to where I bought it (they are also a minelab service center) found out that it wasnt even close to GB correctly and wouldn't get the same numbers GB the exact same spot 3 times in a row, we also noticed depth performance was off by 20-25 percent, and after a while it would start chirping for no reason. They put a new head unit on and I took it home and now it hits the coins in the test garden and runs smooth, Now I just have to learn the detector.
Nice! Have to say Minelab steps up and supports! Even the dealers have been awesome!

Took it for 1 hour hunt this morning, found zinc and wheat pennies and a 1936 silver dime. I had the sensitivity at 23 and it ran smooth, just have to get more time on it to learn its language.

Took it for 1 hour hunt this morning, found zinc and wheat pennies and a 1936 silver dime. I had the sensitivity at 23 and it ran smooth, just have to get more time on it to learn its language.

Was that with the 11" factory coil?

Yes, 11 coil, but I wasn't even close to any house that could affect EMI. Took it to a soccer field this morning and found a bunch of clad and it ran nice and stable, I had a few deep signals but I didn't dig them because the ground is dry and hard as a rock, I will go back after them after a nice rain.

Back
Top Bottom