I had my best hunt ever today!

Coinboy

Elite Member
Today was a day that I will never forget. I went to a picnic area in a public park that had been used from the mid 1800s to the 1950s. I was using a coin shooting pattern on my Simplex with the 9x5 coil and my new predatortools shovel. First good find was a 1908 Barber dime. After that came a flood of old coins! 1899 V nickel, 2 more barbers, a war nickel, several wheats, and the find of the day an 1843 Seated dime! My 2nd oldest coin ever and older than my state of Iowa! I think it was a virgin site and there had been construction and the dirt had been moved around. Still kind of in shock! Definitely my best hunt ever. Thanks for looking! Video on my youtube channel Coinboy Detecting and Collecting coming soon.
0859-A404-F048-435-C-B868-457-F45-B5-EAEB.jpg

Attachments

• DB3F970D-FBFA-4810-9A22-37B59B6423B4.jpg
    DB3F970D-FBFA-4810-9A22-37B59B6423B4.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 841
Way Ta Go! thats what i"m talking about! stellar my boy, just stellar. in 20 yrs i have not found that many older silvers in one hunt, and not many more total. thats a treasured hunt for sure.

keep pounding that place! if that came out there is more. go all metal if you can or close to it! could be some large cents lurking and old gold...

Congrats! :D

Ya gotta love md'ing in a place that ceased picnic usage by the 1950s. Who needs those pesky post-1950s coins anyhow ? :cool3:

Way Ta Go! thats what i"m talking about! stellar my boy, just stellar. in 20 yrs i have not found that many older silvers in one hunt, and not many more total. thats a treasured hunt for sure.

keep pounding that place! if that came out there is more. go all metal if you can or close to it! could be some large cents lurking and old gold...

Congrats! :D
Thanks dixiedigger, I agree. I plan to hit it with every detector/ coil combination I’ve got several times.

Where EXACTLY was this?:lol:
Seriously...don’t say where it is. We know it’s in IA, that’s all we need to know. What YOU need to know is....GO BACK!!:yes::yes::yes:

Back
Top Bottom