Another First!!

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
Went back out to our new hunting grounds today and got my very first buffalo nickel! Solid 13 on the Nox, about 3" deep. 1935 S Buffalo Nickel! Amanda and I were just talking the other day how we have dollar coins, (Ike Dollar) Silver coins, indian head pennies but we have yet to find a "Keeper" nickel! Finally got the monkey off my back and dug this beauty up! Killer shape too!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200326-190054_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200326-190054_Gallery.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 270
  • Screenshot_20200326-190057_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200326-190057_Gallery.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 264
Thanks guys! This soil here might like nickels, but its outright AWFUL to Barber Dimes.... I've only found 2 and both were in horrible shape. This nickel was a surprise, went out hoping to get some OLD silver and ended up popping this guy out at around 2 or 3 inches deep. Not much clad in the field we were at either.

Very nice !!! Your Montana soil was very kind to your Buff nickle. ...

^ ^ ditto ^ ^

Looks like a little naval jelly and some terry-towel wipes, will have that looking like it had never even been in the ground.

A big congrats on your first Buffalo Nickel !

Your lucky it has such a clear date on it.
Less than 50% of the ones we found around here have readable dates.

Good Hunting !

Nice find on the clear Buff! It took me over a year of detecting to get my first Buff. Once I started digging deeper 12-13s I ended up with 10 buffs and 3 V nickels last year. So far this year I have 2 Buffs and another nickel that is so smooth I can't tell whether it is a buff or a V. Keep digging the deeper 12-13s, there are more out there.

Nice job....believe it or not, a Buff was one of the first coins I found when I started land detecting in Hawaii....funny how everyone's experience is different. On the east coast, if you don't get a seated within the first 3 hunts you are doing something wrong or a Gold Coin in California.....all of our grounds are different....:laughing::laughing::laughing:

That pic you took of your buff nick find is absolutely incredibly perfect!

What a wonderful dirt trophy and fantabulous post CnA! Loved it! :clapping::clapping:

Congrats on getting the buffalo monkey off your back! "Buffalo monkey" sounds like a very scary creature!!
Your first buffalo nickel looks better than my lifetime ten or twelve all put together! Still wouldn't trade, though! :D

Back
Top Bottom