New York Sports Field Hunt 2/17/12

Terry Soloman

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Pin - O’Neil’s CYC New York 2004 / Continental/G.A.A.
Junk earring – Chinese Luck Coin Copy in Pewter
$2.39 in clad from 1965 – 1989

At least it was a nice 4-hours, mostly sunny and in the high 40’s. I am excited for Andrew, who got his first ring (a junker), a couple of charms (one Sterling), and a good bit of clad. I love hunting with great partners, and AndrewJames is. He has all the right stuff to be successful, coupled with good equipment and a great attitude. Looking forward to our next hunt!

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 445
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 445
  • t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 441
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 445
  • t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 454
Still a nice hunt Congrats! I hate them darn 1965 quarters!!! lol

Looks like it was a nice day out..
I went to a semi local park and found 19 cents in clad and accidently found a Geo cache..
That's another story..
About 70 here today, rain tomorrow with cooler weather...
Congrats..
Sonny

Terry you have some old soda pop tops there ..
The pull tabs are 60's and a few of those twist offs are circa 1981,1983.

Good hunt and if you back hope ya get some goodies ..

Thank You!

Terry you have some old soda pop tops there ..
The pull tabs are 60's and a few of those twist offs are circa 1981,1983.

Good hunt and if you back hope ya get some goodies ..

It is interesting the way the coins are situated in these fields. Present to 1980, most finds are 1"-3" in depth. 1965 - 1975 anywhere from 5"-8" in depth. I have found a few 2000-2008 dimes between 5"-9" in depth. The majority of coinage is 1968-1982, and I have taken well over $40.00 in clad off of these fields since last October. I have not found one silver coin however. I have found two silver rings, several earrings and a silver bangle bracelet though. Andrew just emailed me a photo of his finds. I hope he posts it. Looks like he did about $5.00 in clad with the ring and some other stuff. Great Day!

Looks like you guys did good today. All I got from the beach was 4 pennies and a pocketful of bottle caps and pull tabs. The beach looked like it did at Robert Moses last week. All mushy at the bottom of the slope, at low tide. I should have gone dirt fishing.

Looking at the storm..

Looks like you guys did good today. All I got from the beach was 4 pennies and a pocketful of bottle caps and pull tabs. The beach looked like it did at Robert Moses last week. All mushy at the bottom of the slope, at low tide. I should have gone dirt fishing.

I am wondering if the swells from the storm that will pass south of us and offshore, will cut the beach at all. Those cuts out at Southampton were wild!

Good Times! Great spot too! Thanks for the props Terry, You're alright in my book too! We did miss you on the field Mama2twins... We left you plenty of treasure for our next hunt!

Good Times! Great spot too! Thanks for the props Terry, You're alright in my book too! We did miss you on the field Mama2twins... We left you plenty of treasure for our next hunt!

AJ, can you post a photo of your finds? Can't wait to hunt again with y'all!

Ive been on a silver drought anyways and I found a 65 quarter and a 65 dime on friday. I wanted to throw them...lol I dont like them either.

Nice hunt Glad to see your doing your part to keep america beautiful. Aparently the didn't program my AT to beep on gulf balls. i havn't found any yet.:D

AJ, can you post a photo of your finds? Can't wait to hunt again with y'all!
M2T: I can't get them to upload... It's nothing special just some clad, pull tabs, canslaw, a Mercedes in the parking lot, and some fence wire.... The Mercedes was locked, but I found it fair and square! See you out soon, seriously you better join us soon!

M2T: I can't get them to upload... It's nothing special just some clad, pull tabs, canslaw, a Mercedes in the parking lot, and some fence wire.... The Mercedes was locked, but I found it fair and square! See you out soon, seriously you better join us soon!

Did Terry notice there was a guy in it looking like my husband was in that Benz?:laughing:

I can't wait for the next hunt. I miss my buddies! I dug in my yard today and found a coin spill...... Full of clad:(

Gotta love a coin spill!!!!! Your yard, and the At Pro have been good to you! I found a Mercedes spill in a parking lot just yesterday! I'm still trying to cash in on that one! Haha!

Back
Top Bottom