One more silver Rosie

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Wish I could be singing the song using the real lyrics :lol:

Went out this morning to Rosie Fields. 2 hours and all I got was a wheat. Back in the car with my coffee, dumped out the clad and noticed the clad dime “painted white” I had found right on the surface against the fence line was in fact a 1964 Rosie. :lol: when I found it, I seriously thought it was a white painted clad dime, I’ve found painted coins before and it had that patina, and it was right on the surface.... didn’t even think it could be silver. In the car though, I figured it out :laughing:

So a “just a wheat” hunt during into a 1952D wheat and ‘64D Rosie hunt.

Rosie #11 from this spot.

Saw one older guy walking his dog about 50’ away and we waved. Otherwise, beautifully solitary hunt!

Attachments

• F0A1E816-6877-41B1-A537-A9EFBB2C34C4.jpg
    F0A1E816-6877-41B1-A537-A9EFBB2C34C4.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 228
  • 6BCA8BFC-AE00-4066-875D-89B3C3CF9E60.jpg
    6BCA8BFC-AE00-4066-875D-89B3C3CF9E60.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 177
  • D516EC73-2C7A-40AA-8E3E-F55DC2ACC0C1.jpg
    D516EC73-2C7A-40AA-8E3E-F55DC2ACC0C1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 188
Good to see you got out GS. Congrats on the Rosie and wheat. I would kill to dig either one right about now. lol. Stay safe. Mark

cool

Nice to see that gleam come out of the ground. Do you have restricions in your area too about bein out. Just charged a person here for being in the park....however signs are up. Be safe.

Congrats Jeff in the Wheat and the Rosie. Always nice to get a surprise Silver. Trapper

Thank you Trapper, was a super nice surprise, but I was also somewhat disappointed in myself for the lack of realization when I found it. :lol:

Congrats on the wheat and surprise Rosie...nice hunt!

Thank you Captain!

Nothing like finding that one silver on any given hunt...congrats!

Thanks Jak!

Nice to see that gleam come out of the ground. Do you have restricions in your area too about bein out. Just charged a person here for being in the park....however signs are up. Be safe.

We have a shelter in place “order” if that’s the right terminology, but people can do “essential” activities like grocery shopping and outdoor activities/exercise. People ride bikes, hike, walk their dog. - me, my detector walks me.

The place I’ve been going to hasn’t been cordoned off as of last Saturday or Sunday when I went. Hope it never is...my local park is, which I find ridiculous. More people in the grocery store than the parks.

Here’s from the county website, bold text done by me:

Essential Activities include:

1. Maintaining the health and safety of oneself and their family or household members (including pets). This includes, but is not limited to, obtaining medical supplies or medication, visiting a health care professional, or obtaining supplies needed to work from home.

2. Obtaining necessary services or supplies for oneself and their family or household members, or delivering those services or supplies to others. This includes, but is not limited to, obtaining canned food, dry goods, fresh fruits and vegetables, pet supplies, fresh meats, fish, and poultry, other household consumer products, and products necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences.

3. Engaging in outdoor activity, such as walking, hiking, or running, provided six feet of spacing is maintained between people who are not members of the same household.

4. Performing work providing essential products and services at an Essential Business or to otherwise carry out activities specifically permitted in this Directive, including Minimum Basic Operations.

5. Caring for a family member or pet in another household.

Back
Top Bottom