• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Class ring and return Update

Yeah I wouldn’t fault anyone for not returning. I just could never melt something or enjoy it with initials on it plus this is an experience that turned out great.

.... this is an experience that turned out great.

There's been a few forumite stories where a reunion attempt was met with ingrates, or other such odd experiences. I'd say those are the exceptions . But the stories like this far out-weigh any ingrate stories. Ie.: you can't put a price on human relations, eh ? But again, not faulting some in-our-ranks who just send them in for melt value. Since truth-be-told: The persons who lost them has no doubt long-forgotten them.

Me too! Some of the bad stories on here had me second guessing the effort to return it. What it came down to was knowing the guy had to be older when he lost it and to be wearing your high school class ring still it had to have meaning to him. Then when I saw a picture of him on his facebook sitting at the bar with a whisky on ice I was like "oh yeah this dude is getting his ring back!". lol

Very Nice job on the return, and well told story. Thanks for sharing..

I've had good and bad returns in the past, one 4 police cars and all kind of commotion was the worse, the best was seeing a couple kissing in there car as they were leaving the return location..

.... one 4 police cars and all kind of commotion was the worse,.....

I hate to ask, for fear of it becoming fodder to the non-reunion stories but ..... do tell, what was this about ? :?:

Long story short, the same people I return a lost wedding band to called the police on me for metal detecting in the water behind there Town house a few months after the return. (right where I had found the home owners wedding band) Four police cars showed and me and my hunting partner were questioned and held for trespassing. During this time I gave them the DNR number, Department of Natural Resources Police..they cleared all up and we were released. Where we were hunting, in the water,... which belongs to the State of Maryland...the home owner told the police they owned out to the end of the dock...Officers had no clue and we were told they were going to investigate further. I still go back and have had no issues other then dirty looks.

I was just going thru some old files and seen this one too..Interesting how things can be turned around, but only after trying moments. Sorry to show there are other possible outcomes when trying to do the right thing but sometimes best just to act like nothing happened and buy yourself a new detector.

Attachments

• OBN-0008.jpg
    OBN-0008.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 103
I haven't found a ring or anything like that but I should start writing a collection of stories about times I've changed tires for people. No thanks, thanks given to the wrong individual (2nd guy who walks up and chats with the car owner), and stuff like that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Great find and great story!
I'm curious...did you find the ring in the long-gone off-base housing complex that used be off Davis Drive??

Congratulations on making a great memory for yourself as well as for Clifford and his family. I have shared the same joy five times before, returning class rings and ID bracelets and money can't buy that kind of joy. You will never forget Clifford's name.

Back
Top Bottom