.925 a president and a Chief

SWKDigger

Elite Member
Got out for a nice long hunt this evening and did quite well. I was in an open lot where a house that was built in the 1920's once stood. My church is getting ready to convert the lot into a parking lot so I'm getting to it before the dirt work starts then I'll go over it again after some dirt is moved.

I dug a good assortment of finds including 3 rings. One of them .925 and the other two were junkers. I also dug a George Washington memorial token and a Pontiac token. I really like tokens and didn't have either one of these yet. I need to clean the tokens. $1.67 in clad and a few other items made it into my finds pouch as well.
picture.php
[/IMG]

picture.php
[/IMG]

Washington Token
Obverse: Bust of George Washington facing right. Legend: 1ST PRESIDENT, U.S.A./ 1789/ 1797/ GEORGE WASHINGTON.
Reverse: "AMERICAN FABIOUS"/ "FATHER OF HIS COUNTRY"/ FIRST IN WAR FIRST IN PEACE FIRST IN THE HEARTS OF HIS COUNTRYMEN SERVED EIGHT YEARS AS PRESIDENT WITHOUT PAY.
picture.php
[/IMG]

Pontiac Token
Obverse: "Pontiac/Chief of the Sixes"
Reverse: "Product of General Motors"
picture.php
[/IMG]

Looks as though you had a very successful day hunting. Very nice results swkdigger! Those church yards dating back so many years never fail to amaze me with great finds.

Back
Top Bottom