• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My First "V" Nickel

Chuck B

Last week I hit an older park and found my first seated dime. The weather was nice, although still pretty dry so I took a 1/2 day vacation and headed back. I had visions of more silver. After about 3 hours no silver, just some clad. I decided to move to the other end of the park. I figured I had about 45 minutes before I had to head back home or be in trouble, lol. I spotted a large tree off in a corner so I headed out to it. First hit was a dog tag and then a wheat penny. I swung around the tree and got a 13/14, I dug it and there she was... my first "V", a 1905, not pretty but she'll do. I think I nicked the edge but i'm still happy with it. It's not a key date so I'm thinking I might want to clean it up, is a toothpick my best option or are there other methods I should try? I also found a cool motorcycle with a guy doing a handstand, no value but cool nonetheless.

On another note, last week when I was there I saw two ladies detecting. Today I thought I'd swing by the area where they were at just to see if they might have skipped any targets. What I found was open holes! The plugs were not even put back in! Not cool. I spent 20 minutes filling them in. I plan on going back there and do not want to be associated with that. Anyway, thanks for looking and HH.

Attachments

• IMG_8795.jpg
    IMG_8795.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_8796.jpg
    IMG_8796.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_8802.jpg
    IMG_8802.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8803.jpg
    IMG_8803.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_8805.jpg
    IMG_8805.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_8806.jpg
    IMG_8806.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 89
Congratz on the bucket lister. The next bucket-lister now will be a shield nickel :)

Back
Top Bottom