Back to hot springs, gold ring (probably)

Splix76

This ring is very worn down, as all items are that come out of the hot spring or the ground near it. I had thought it was a plated ring, but after cleaning it up some it became clear to me that while damaged, it is not plated.

There is no marks inside the ring, and the joining of the band is so noticeable I suspect this to be hand made.

It appears to have two symbols on either side, and in the thicker part, images of people under archways, or doing something religious perhaps. I have never seen a ring like this to compare. Very curious to identify its origin.
Ring-1.jpg
Ring-2.jpg
Ring-3.jpg
Ring-4.jpg
Ring-5.jpg
Ring-6.jpg
The next picture is of the coins I found also. It is included to show how harsh this hot springs area is on metal finishes.
coins.jpg

The style of the figures, architecture and characters on the ring strike me as Asian, maybe Southeast Asian and perhaps Buddhist, and the ring appears to be simply made from strip stock and soldered after embossing. The metal appears pretty uniform. Is the overlap tapered on each end?

The style of the figures, architecture and characters on the ring strike me as Asian, maybe Southeast Asian and perhaps Buddhist, and the ring appears to be simply made from strip stock and soldered after embossing. The metal appears pretty uniform. Is the overlap tapered on each end?

The overlap is rounded on each end, and possibly slightly tapered. It looks like solder of some type and hammering where used.

It could be a recent Asian / Buddhist ring, that's for sure. Once I gold test it I'll know if it is real gold or some other allow. The corrosion concerns me, but the hot springs are sulfuric and eat almost all metals in them. The clad I found was really beat up.

Back
Top Bottom