My first silver in 44 years!

CalReg

Forum Supporter
Got back from visiting my son in Kansas late Monday night. Tonight was the first time I could get in a short hunt. I've been wanting to hit this middle school about 4 miles from my home, but just never got around to it, so tonight I figured I'd give it a shot. When I arrived at the school it was bustling with activity (what corona virus?)! There was a youth basketball squad practicing, and girls softball was being played opposite the basketball courts. The places I'd usually hunt had too many people. I was thinking of coming back at another time when I spotted a place that looked like maybe kids would congregate. There were 3 older redwood trees in the middle and benches lining the outskirts. It probably was no bigger than my backyard. So, rather than drive home empty handed, I decided I'd give it a go. At first there wasn't much, but as I continued swinging I managed to dig up a few clad coins, some token of sorts and a bit of trash. I decided to hit the base of the trees then call it a day. As I completed searching the second tree, I get a solid 21/22 on the Tarsacci. I wasn't sure if it was another clad quarter or maybe a bottle cap. The tone was a bit higher and stronger. At about 6 inches down, there she was. A 1964 GW Quarter! I got back into this hobby 3 months ago in hopes of finding older stuff. I've managed a couple of wheaties and a bunch of clad, but so far, no silver or gold. My last silver coin find was in 1976. My faith has been restored in humanity and all is well! Sorry for the poor quality of the picture. I have an older iPhone and it doesn't take as good a picture as it used to.

Today's Hunt (2).jpg

Today's Hunt (1).jpg

Congrats on the GW, I know the pain :lol: silvers are not as easy to find as I remember when I quit around 2005, I lived in Redwood City down near you in SJ, sequoia high school is super old and used to give up silver, idk about now. I’m up in Sacramento now and have only found 1 Rosie, the local guys have pounded every park hard. Anyway keep trying, they are still out there waiting to be found! :yes:

Hey, you still got an eye for locations! Good call to work that spot.

What is that cylinder looking thing? it looks like a silver ring around the middle of it.

Back
Top Bottom