My first gold ring *Owner Found*

Malone77

I was hunting around a local field tonight and was digging lots of pull tabs and can slaw. I know I'm about to dig a pull tab on my X-Terra when it reads a solid 16, but for some reason this one sounded different.

I like to pretty much dig everything just so I test myself and get used to the sounds of different objects. This pull tab signal had a weird scratchy bleep on the end of the swing. I dug it up thinking it was just going to be a pull tab, and low and behold, my first gold ring! Yay!

It's a 10K class ring. It's a girl's ring and it's pretty tiny. She went to my highschool so I'm going to try and locate the person. It's the first ring I've found, so I'm pretty excited about it.

Wish more pull tabs were rings. :no:

Attachments

• IMG_0687 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0687 (640x480).jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0688 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0688 (640x480).jpg
    24 KB · Views: 475
Excellent!

If every pulltab signal was a gold ring, EVERYONE would have a detector with them. That's what separates the real hobbyists from the flash in the pan newbies - we appreciate just the hunt, the good finds are just a bonus. What drives me is knowing that the next signal maybe the greatest find I will ever come across - it seems always seems to come up when you least expect it.

Excellent find - let us know if you find the owner.

Congrats on your 1st gold ring, and it's a real beauty too, GREAT find!
Yup, you've got to dig the pulltab signals. There isn't a machine out there that can distinguish between a pulltab and a gold ring...

Thats why you dig all those iffy targets Congrats Makes all those tabs worht it.

Yupp!!Hey-congrats on the chuncky class ring!!Im currently on a gold drought!!iffy with back swing highs have been goodies for me too(just not gold):no:!
HH--

How deep was that bugger?

Thanks everyone! The ring is from 2001. It wasn't too deep..maybe around 4 in or so. I'll definitely update the post if I contact her.

Back
Top Bottom