Nice ring from the high school

Hook

Elite Member
I found this ring over a week ago at the local high school, pretty much in front of the concrete slab where they throw the shot putt . Maybe it fell off of one of the throwers hands??
It doesnt show it very well in the pics, but the ring took a mower hit and the inner band inside the ring is bent upwards on the bottom of the ring. Still a nice find..looks like a pearl as the stone in the setting. With a little polish and a few smacks of a leather hammer it should be wearable :)

Attachments

• high school silver.jpg
    high school silver.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 432
  • high schoolsilver2.jpg
    high schoolsilver2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 434
  • high schoolsilver3.jpg
    high schoolsilver3.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 438
that is a neat looking ring never saw one like that
neither have i . i googled the geo art makers mark..its some high class designer jewelry it seems. couldnt find many pics of their product line..but im not too swift about that sort of thing lol. so i have no idea how old it is. But it was about 3 1/2 inches deep. who knows :lol:

Here's a bit I googled up on the designer, Cynthia Gayle:

About The Designer:

Cynthia Gale created a niche for herself in the art world as a museum piece jewelry designer in the mid- 1990s. Cynthia’s exquisite signature collection features the fine art of repousse. Gale’s work evokes a lifestyle, feeling and philosophy in every detail of her diverse collections.

With a showroom and design studio in Manhattan, coupled with frequent trips to Indonesia working with several groups of skilled artisans, Cynthia Gale has a fresh perspective on fine craft. She began traveling to the Far East in 1991 and established her baseline, GeoArt, at that time. GeoArt creates new jewelry trends while maintaining a unique, handmade aesthetic. The collection also includes GeoKids, a contemporary keepsake collection for youth, as well as an urban mens line.

Together with her husband and business partner, Glenn, she worked to expand her creative collection concept to include a more specialized, high-end division. Cynthia discovered a repousse workshop in Central Java and fell in love with the exquisite beauty of this time honored metalwork technique and was convinced that it was the perfect match for her rapidly expanding client base.

Utilizing repousse, Cynthia launched her signature collection in 1998 and currently holds licensing partnerships with over fifteen of our nation’s leading museums and cultural institutions including; Washington National Cathedral, The National Gallery of Art, J. Paul Getty Museum, American Museum of Natural History, The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum and the DeYoung. Working from permanent collection pieces, incoming art exhibits and museum architecture, Cynthia creates contemporary collections of modern elegance, which she markets to high-end catalogues, museum shops, fine jewelry stores and upscale galleries. Every piece in the Cynthia Gale collection is created to convey to the wearer a sense of the cultural, historical or spiritual inspiration that went into creating it.

For Cynthia Gale, jewelry is art and art is jewelry. As Cynthia says, “A woman’s clothing covers the canvas, but her accessories provide the details. That is what makes her unique.”

Back
Top Bottom