Oldest Coin FTY, Silver Count Up To 146

jack&jill

Elite Member
Thought it was time to update my finds from recent outings. Found some success on 6 of those outings and got in some hunts with the guys to make the hunts even better. On one of the hunts with Air Force Mike, I dug my oldest coin of the year. A 1839o Seated Dime, it is worn but very readable. It was from a very old park and was the only Silver we dug that hunt. Dug a nice Barber Dime on a outing with IDX Monster, Dewsweeper and his son. Just a very fun day for us all. Total Silver found for this report is 10 which brings the FTY count to 146. Until the next. Trapper

Attachments

• 8-28-19 .jpg
    8-28-19 .jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 633
  • 8-28-19 1 .jpg
    8-28-19 1 .jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 602
  • 8-30-19 .jpg
    8-30-19 .jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 587
  • 9-1-19 .jpg
    9-1-19 .jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 584
  • 9-3-19 .jpg
    9-3-19 .jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 564
  • 9-10-19 .jpg
    9-10-19 .jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 567
  • 9-12-19 .jpg
    9-12-19 .jpg
    97 KB · Views: 570
Nice shiny stuff there Trapper! Glad you made some great finds, congrats on the oldest Silver for you, beats my Seated Dime by 2 years!

Nicely done Trapper! I'm gonna have to try to hit that park again sometime, but being able to get an early seated like that surely took some doing. Very nice Barber also!

Trapper, talk about pay dirt, never-the-less you found some good silver dirt to dig in. That old dime is the real deal what this hobby is all about...congrats!

Wow, those are some great saves. Love the token and the seated. You never cease to amaze. Congrats on all.

Very nice finds!!!
Appreciate your reply Vic, thank you. Trapper
Nice shiny stuff there Trapper! Glad you made some great finds, congrats on the oldest Silver for you, beats my Seated Dime by 2 years!
Thank you David. My oldest Silver I dug last year. My first and only Capped Bust which was 1835. Trapper
Jeez jack, your flirting with capped bust silver there... What a great report, congrats!
Thanks Jeff. I'd love to dig another Capped Bust silver but in Wisconsin they are rarer than rare. I count my blessings just to have dug one. Trapper

Nicely done Trapper! I'm gonna have to try to hit that park again sometime, but being able to get an early seated like that surely took some doing. Very nice Barber also!
Thank you Anthony. That park is a real tough cookie. Mike and I put in over 4 hrs each and had to dig a lot of !!!! to get our rewards. The Seated made it well worth the effort. Trapper
Trapper, talk about pay dirt, never-the-less you found some good silver dirt to dig in. That old dime is the real deal what this hobby is all about...congrats!
Appreciate your reply John , thank you. Don't get a lot of Seated's, only the second this year. When it happens it is a great thrill. This one was even better as it was dug in a public park. Trapper
Wow, those are some great saves. Love the token and the seated. You never cease to amaze. Congrats on all.
Thank you Carl. The Token is pretty neat, it's about the size of a half and was down about 7 inches. The Seated was in with a couple of nails and over 10 inches deep. The nails threw of the numbers as I thought I was digging a Indian. Trapper

Nice work on finding the silver. The seated is very cool along with the Buff and Token. Good job Trapper.

OK Trapper, notice I said Trapper congrats on another fine report and an outstanding silver haul as well. Now in your case shiny just seems to be common fodder, so the icing is the other cool finds. Attaboy on the Buff and a really sweet token. 200s comin buddy. HH Mark

That 1830s seated dime! *insert long whistle here*
Thank you Soldier. It was a thrill to dig a coin that old. Just doesn't happen around here that often. Trapper
Awesome coins!!!
Thanks Addict. I am pretty happy to have them. Trapper
Nice work on finding the silver. The seated is very cool along with the Buff and Token. Good job Trapper.
Appreciate your kind words Estima8tor, thank you. Pretty happy with all the Silver coins but digging Tokens and old Nickels elevate the joy. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom