3 Missoula MT yards detected, and LOTS of AREA PICS!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Did a short dig up in Missoula this afternoon, got permission at 3 yards, and did ok for the amount of time, about 3 hrs detecting. The first home was ca 1920, I got some wheat pennies and a 1917 Mercury Dime, so not too shabby, along with a fair amount of clad quarters and other modern stuff.

The next yard belonged to the neighbor, ca 1930. I happened to catch him leaving from lunch break, got the ok there, some wheaties, modern coins, and that was pretty much it.

Moved a couple of houses down when I saw the owner drive up. A ca 1940 home that produced a Silver Rosie, some wheat pennies, and clad quarters and dimes. Totals for the afternoon were 2 Silvers, 15 Wheat Pennies, 13 copper House pennies, 8 Clad Dimes, and 11 Clad Quarters.

I got a few requests for pics of Missoula and the area, so will do that! The first 5 pics below show some of the curb strips here. They are HUGE, as big as a front yard! About 30 feet across in some areas, the homes are beautiful and the curb strips have produced some good coins in the past. They have pretty well been hammered in this area of town, by myself, my detecting friends with the Nox 600 and 800, and I'm sure others, as some homeowners have commented that I'm not the first to try those big boulevard strips!

The pics in the following posts show Missoula, the "Big Sky" country here, and the Bitterroot Valley where I live south of Missoula. Enjoy!!!

Attachments

• curb1.jpg
    curb1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 240
  • curb2.jpg
    curb2.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 231
  • curb3.jpg
    curb3.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 289
  • curb4.jpg
    curb4.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 230
  • curb5.jpg
    curb5.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 236
  • coinz.jpg
    coinz.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 197
Pics and views of the MISSOULA MT area

here are a few pics from today... there were 4 hang gliders working the lift along Sentinel Mountain. A perfect day, temps in the high 70's and sunshine!

Attachments

• view5.jpg
    view5.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 180
  • view4.jpg
    view4.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 196
  • view2.jpg
    view2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 211
  • view1.jpg
    view1.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 192
  • view3.jpg
    view3.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 236
  • view6.jpg
    view6.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 204
  • view7.jpg
    view7.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 185
some pics near where I live south of Missoula

These are views of the Bitterroot Mountains, west of Hamilton Montana. They go up to about 10,000' and are about 5 miles out my door. The building in the first photo is Marcus Daly's stable for his famous racehorses... The stable resembles a posh castle and rivaled homes in the area and stabled Tammany and Daly's other famous racehorses, Hamburg, Inverness, The Pepper and Ogden – all thoroughbred stallions. The huge, heated stalls were an extravagance especially in that time, and above the horses were the jockey quarters and poker room. The other views are north and south in the valley.

Attachments

• ham1.jpg
    ham1.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 224
  • ham2.jpg
    ham2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 210
  • ham3.jpg
    ham3.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 183
  • ham4.jpg
    ham4.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 181
Beautiful country LS, and they are some juicy looking curbstrips. Congrats on the shiny and the rest. HH Mark

Thanks Mark! Yeah those are juicy curb strips, they all had been hit before I started on them, thankfully the other fellows left some silver and wheats!

That's god's country right there!

Thanks Swinglow, we do like it here!

Back
Top Bottom