Finally found one!

volksbeetle28

So last week I was detecting in a river at an old fishing spot and finally found an old coin in the water. A 1938 mercury dime. Fast forward a few days and I went back out on Monday hoping to get a few more old coins. Totally was not expecting to find my first large cent. I believe when we had some flooding earlier in the year, it got washed out from underneath a large trees’ roots. It was just under the surface. It’s rough due to the years in moist dirt, but it atleast has a date, being 1843. I’ve always wanted to get a large cent, and am thrilled to finally do so. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!
f43c7c299ee07a0a5c58a47b624cfbd8.jpg
292db11e74c91d01fadedc4d059582d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More east coast large cents. Sick sick sick :iwish::sissyfight::sissyfight:

I know we got a serious problem with junk like that out here. This one actually upset me because they smashed a hole through the date, almost threw it away before I realized I have to forward it on the east coast mailing list :laughing:

Attachments

• 20190526_171831_resized.jpg
    20190526_171831_resized.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 583
Congrats on those nice finds, still searching for my first large cent. :cool3:
Thanks, it’ll happen when you least expect it.

More east coast large cents. Sick sick sick :iwish::sissyfight::sissyfight:
lol. But you get the gold coins. Feel free to send some this way!

Way to go, nice persistence and good finds both!
Thanks. Definitely 2 exciting finds for me.

Very nice. Congrats!
Thank you.

All silver coins that I have found in water or real damp areas have been black and sometimes crusted.
The mercy came out a very dull gray color. I knew was gonna have a corroded look to it, so I cleaned it in the tumbler.
Nice largie and Merc. Good job.
Thanks.
Its rough but has a readable date. Nice find, congrats.
Thanks. Im just glad it was identifiable and had a date.

Congrats on the copper and silver! Nice hunting!
Thanks.
Outstanding, congrats on both of those coins, and a first.
Thank you.
The first is always the best!
yup. Can’t replace that feeling.

Nice finds....I'm still looking for my first large cent....
Thanks and good luck in your quest!

Congrats on the Merc and especially your first Large Cent...a great find!
Thank you.

Sweeeeet! Congrats!
Thanks.
Congratulations ! I'd love to find one here in the SF Bay area . Until then I will stare at the nice one I bought .
Thanks. I did the same thing. Bought one for my type set and would take it out every now then to check it out.

Oh, I thought he was talking about the dime. We find Large Cent's all the time. In Maryland, you are more likely to find a large cent than you are to find a dime.

Correct. Just as likely as I can go out to any sandbox here and find a clad dime, so-too can you guys just effortlessly wander out to any sandbox and find large cents , right ? Yeah yeah yeah, we've heard it all before. More east coast lies and photo-shop jobs. :sissyfight:

Correct. Just as likely as I can go out to any sandbox here and find a clad dime, so-too can you guys just effortlessly wander out to any sandbox and find large cents , right ? Yeah yeah yeah, we've heard it all before. More east coast lies and photo-shop jobs. :sissyfight:

Sandbox? I got 2 flowing hairs and a draped bust in my change at the local Cumberland Farms today. Going to the sandbox is just too much work, and you don't get any coffee out of the deal.

Back
Top Bottom