• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

found some bottles...

pplinker

Forum Supporter
Cleaned them up. Gosh that is time consuming. The white one with twisted whirles is either a vase or a bottle. The bottom is indented and broken. This might be an Avon bottle or something like that. At first I thought it was a lamp part and maybe it is. There was a little bottle that says wonder bubbles. This is from 1940's to 1950's glass bubble stuff. E-bay has the bottle for 10.00 but that's e-bay. Mustard bottle, don't know the age but I like it. Pepsi and Coke bottle, not too old but if my grandkids keep it may be old some day. It's hot and dry, creek is down, so I'm looking for bottles.

Attachments

• DSCN4665.JPG
    DSCN4665.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 626
  • DSCN4666.JPG
    DSCN4666.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 621
Cleaned them up. Gosh that is time consuming. The white one with twisted whirles is either a vase or a bottle. The bottom is indented and broken. This might be an Avon bottle or something like that. At first I thought it was a lamp part and maybe it is. There was a little bottle that says wonder bubbles. This is from 1940's to 1950's glass bubble stuff. E-bay has the bottle for 10.00 but that's e-bay. Mustard bottle, don't know the age but I like it. Pepsi and Coke bottle, not too old but if my grandkids keep it may be old some day. It's hot and dry, creek is down, so I'm looking for bottles.

Those are nice! I like bottles too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bottle with the rings around it is a Halo shampoo bottle. I know because I found another one some months ago which Glasshopper identified. I've never found a large shampoo bottle. But, if you had a family, that small little bottle wouldn't go very far. Nobody would drop it though, with those rings.

Just thinking what a great name "Halo" is. Use Halo shampoo and you can just envision your hair as a halo, surrounding your head, nice, clean and shining.

Next time we get a new dog, if it's a girl, I'm going to call it "Halo." But right now we already have two dogs, Ginger and Casper.

Penny, what are the numbers on the side of the Coke bottle about 1.5 " up from the bottom (if any?) One of them is the date.

The date...Really? I didn't even see those numbers but they are 5 44. So 1944? wow. Cokes seem so common I've thrown them back before but I don't know...that's pretty old. And then again, you don't find many embossed bottles these days.

The date...Really? I didn't even see those numbers but they are 5 44. So 1944? wow. Cokes seem so common I've thrown them back before but I don't know...that's pretty old. And then again, you don't find many embossed bottles these days.

Yes I usually always grab the embossed Cokes when I find 'em. I put 'em in the wooden cases and sell 'em to the gas station/car guys. The only ones I don't keep are the 1960's white painted script ones with bad paint or wear. I leave those lay.

Back
Top Bottom