Found class ring returned!

the319Mark

One of my wife's friends said she had lost her boyfriend's (now husband) class ring at their farm about 32 years ago. She said a couple of other people had tried to find it with metal detectors in years past but with no luck. I went out this morning and met her dad, now in his 80's, and he showed me the area it might be in. I wasn't too hopeful since it was an old farm lot with a lot of scrap metal laying around and was pretty heavily overgrown with grass and small trees.

I had a great time listening to dad and my wife talk about the great depression, serving in Korea, farming and all of the old stories he was telling. Dug a few suspect targets but no luck. I kept working strips back and forth when I got a very strong signal about 4-6 inches down. I dug a chunk of ground out and lo' and behold, there in the plug sat the 1978 class ring. The old man couldn't believe it! We took it in the house and showed his wife and she started crying so was so happy.

Just waiting now to give the ring back to it's owner this evening. Pretty good feeling doing something nice for people.

:yes:

Here's a picture of the ring (no those aren't my fingernails done up so nicely).

Attachments

• 277388_10151403381598496_1907000374_o.jpg
    277388_10151403381598496_1907000374_o.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 400
I was gonna say how do you keep those babies so nice!! Well done on the recovery! Get us a pic of the return!

I was gonna say how do you keep those babies so nice!! Well done on the recovery! Get us a pic of the return!
Those are the wife's nails. Funny thing is she about didn't want to go with me. She said "that's your hobby." but then she's the one jumping up and down when we find things.

Way to go. That is great. I see you are just south of me. Let me know if you want to get together for some hunts this fall.

Great Job. Nice Way to Make Someone's Day!

Excellent job on the recovery. You have to love when you succeed where others have failed :)

Stephen

Excellent job on the recovery. You have to love when you succeed where others have failed :)

Stephen

I found a woman's diamond ring that she lost playing basketball in a school playground. I was told that about eight different people had searched around the court with their detectors so I didn't figure it was worth looking for. As I was leaving I had to walk past the court so I thought I might as well try. Right away I started finding coins. The third reading was the ring. Whoever hunted there before must not have had their detectors turned on.

That is an awesome to the point story! I love hearing the success stories of hunts such as this. I can't wait for my first opportunity to present somebody with something that had been lost so very long ago! Congratulations my friend you have inspired me!

Way to go. That is great. I see you are just south of me. Let me know if you want to get together for some hunts this fall.
That would be great to get together for a hunt sometime. Let me know when and where. My work schedule changes weekly so I'm either very available or completely unavailable on a random basis. :)

Back
Top Bottom