Oldest Coin FTY, Silver Count Up To 146

Man O Man Trapper you are like a well oiled machine that just keeps thats silver train a rollin!!!! Great job as usual.

WOW Trapper !!

I haven't been following the Wisconsin Oldest coin thread closely.. but does that put you in the running :?:
Thank you Curt. Matmit dug a 1919 Large cent the same day I dug this Seated Dime. Did not even get the chance to enter it. Trapper
That is one rare seated dime, congrats on all the silvers and buff..Look forward to seeing the pile at end of year
Appreciate your reply Pete. Not sure how rare to Seated is but digging one this old in Wisconsin is not the norm. Hope to add a few more coins to the count before the year end report. Trapper
A seated with the other silvers fills the bill! Congrats
Cheers
Doc
Thank you Doc. I have a love of digging Silver but putting a Seated coin into the coffers is always a great thrill. Just does not happen all that often. Buff's, "Vs" Large Cents Token's and Indians also bring a big smile to my face. Trapper

Outstanding hunting and finds as always Trapper! Old silver is always a welcome sight but seems to be harder and harder to come by these days. You’ve blown well past my silver total of 128 FTY. Keep up the good work!

What ? 👀 1830’s silver ?
That is an incredible coin to find in Wisconsin Trap.
Heck ... to find anywhere.
What a great hunting report again Trap.

Congratulations on your new Oldest silver.
And the gold a couple weeks ago.
Love it!
,Dew

Congrats on your new old shiny, Trapper.
Thank you Knotty. I actually have two Silvers older a 35 Capped Bust and in my second year in this hobby i dug a 38 seated Dime. Still this is a very welcome recovery and one I will cherish. Trapper
Almost like you are not swinging a detector....that it is actually a silver magnet! Cha-CHA!
Thanks Richie. I wish it was that easy. I have to put a lot more effort into recovering Silver. Having very good equipment and putting yourself on grounds that is old enough to hold Silver will help with success in the hunt. Still it never guarantees it. Trapper
OK Trapper, notice I said Trapper congrats on another fine report and an outstanding silver haul as well. Now in your case shiny just seems to be common fodder, so the icing is the other cool finds. Attaboy on the Buff and a really sweet token. 200s comin buddy. HH Mark
Kindness Mark, thank you. Common fodder.... never! But the extras are always welcomed additions and are cherished treasure for me. I wish they were much more prevalent in my finds. Trapper

Nice going, Trapper! I don't think I've ever seen a Worchester Salt token before. Congrats on the 180 year old silver! Congrats on the continued success too. :yes:

Fantastic Hunt once again. The silver is nice but I really love the token.
Appreciate your reply Ed. The Token I agree is neat. About the size of a Half Dollar it surprisingly shows great detail. Still I prefer the Silver but do cherish my other finds. Trapper
Great hunts, Trapper! Got a nice date on that buff also.
Thank you Tommy, been pretty lucky on a lot of my Buffalo's of late getting some nice dated coins. Trapper
Congratulations on the seated Trap! Those are always a beautiful surprise under the coil.
Thanks Matt. Seated anytime you lucky enough to get a coil over them are always very pleasing. Just wish they would occur often for me. Trapper

Wow, that’s an old silver coin. Congrats on all the finds and more you’re hunting. Had you found other old coins from that era at that park?

Congrats on all the silver Trapper!!! You have hit a nice silver stride here lately!!! I'm on a Barber hunt by the way!! I will find her.....it's just a matter of time!!!

Very Nice Trapper, Congratulations.
Thank you Jerry. Seems to be getting tougher all the time to get the old stuff. Only my 2nd Seated coin this year. Trapper
Man O Man Trapper you are like a well oiled machine that just keeps thats silver train a rollin!!!! Great job as usual.
You are making me laugh buddy. Still have a goal to reach this year Mike. Can't have to many let downs if I want to reach it. Side Note: been thinking about you with the hope things are turning for you. Trapper
Nice haul Trapper. Seated is still on my bucket list for this year. Happy Hunting
Thank you Jonny. Seated coins are a tough find these days, hope you fulfill that bucketlist dig. Trapper

Outstanding hunting and finds as always Trapper! Old silver is always a welcome sight but seems to be harder and harder to come by these days. You’ve blown well past my silver total of 128 FTY. Keep up the good work!
Thank you Fred as your reply is appreciated. I truly thought that I'd never catch you as you had such a huge lead. I know that life has you with other priorities that demands your attention so that allowed for me to get some count and with a great change in the weather very nice permission opportunities have come forward for me. Still I have one goal I am pursuing and I still need to keep at it. Trapper
What ? 👀 1830’s silver ?
That is an incredible coin to find in Wisconsin Trap.
Heck ... to find anywhere.
What a great hunting report again Trap.

Congratulations on your new Oldest silver.
And the gold a couple weeks ago.
Love it!
,Dew
Thank you Brad again for all your kind words. Joy wants to know if you have tried the Garlic Butter yet. I use to love it on a toasted hard roll with a mixture of Cheddar and Mozzarella Cheese melt topping it. The Seated is special but it is only my oldest for this year. My Capped Bust Dime holds my top billing. Trapper
Nice going, Trapper! I don't think I've ever seen a Worchester Salt token before. Congrats on the 180 year old silver! Congrats on the continued success too. :yes:
Thanks Blaise. The Token is a very neat find, I really like it. By the way are you still going to make that road trip down this way? Year end is fast approaching so if it is to happen it needs to be put together. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom