• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Nox 800 beach help !

KOB

Forum Supporter
Have had my 800 for about 2 months now. Still have a long ways to go. I hunt mainly on the slope , wet sand. Light to medium mineralization. What are your exact favorite settings that work for you in similar conditions ? Beach 1 or 2 ? Etc,etc,etc. Thanks for your crash course settings...

I customize Beach 2. If you are doing slope and the wave is riding up the slope, you will get falsing on the different wetness density as it gets absorbed. As for more advance setting, you really don't have any. If you are looking for gold you dig everything.

I customize Beach 2. If you are doing slope and the wave is riding up the slope, you will get falsing on the different wetness density as it gets absorbed. As for more advance setting, you really don't have any. If you are looking for gold you dig everything.
Thanks. I just see that alot of guys do some tweaking on the settings. But there are many variables involved. Though only an air test , Tony Eisenhower's video graph shows that Yes , you gotta dig everything if you want gold. Same thing with my PI !!! Except that you can notch out iron a little better , which is huge in a trashy area.

Gold can be from 1 to 23. The majority of it is between 7 and 19. I set my 'gold range' from 6 to 19 to be a high pitch tone and 20 to 40 to be just a slightly higher tone. My 1 to 6 to a lowest pitch.

Gold can be from 1 to 23. The majority of it is between 7 and 19. I set my 'gold range' from 6 to 19 to be a high pitch tone and 20 to 40 to be just a slightly higher tone. My 1 to 6 to a lowest pitch.
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm running beach 2 on a 2 tone program in the wet. Digging most everything above 0. I just don't have the pinpointing down yet. Recovery at 4. My holes are big , and I have a big scoop.
Targets seem like I get on the outer perimeter of coil. Then when I try to center the target in the coil and after I take a scoop , it seems like its out to the edge again. Driving me nuts. Maybe my settings are off a bit. Idk...

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm running beach 2 on a 2 tone program in the wet. Digging most everything above 0. I just don't have the pinpointing down yet. Recovery at 4. My holes are big , and I have a big scoop.
Targets seem like I get on the outer perimeter of coil. Then when I try to center the target in the coil and after I take a scoop , it seems like its out to the edge again. Driving me nuts. Maybe my settings are off a bit. Idk...
V
Probably coins on edge. They pinpoint to the edge of the coil.

Are you using the pinpoint button. press the button and then hit it from two different ways (x or t pattern).

The other option is to use the tip of the coil (top or bottom) and as the sound goes lower you just moved off of the target.

Are you using the pinpoint button. press the button and then hit it from two different ways (x or t pattern).

The other option is to use the tip of the coil (top or bottom) and as the sound goes lower you just moved off of the target.
I'm not using the pinpoint mode. Trying to do it on my own. Another thing odd is that larger items , like a soda can , doesn't sound much different than a small piece

I'm not using the pinpoint mode. Trying to do it on my own. Another thing odd is that larger items , like a soda can , doesn't sound much different than a small piece

To determine a soda can, you can lift the coil off the ground (6 to 15 inches). If you still get a loud tone then the object is large.

sgabrie8544 is correct. Beach1 or 2.

The real key to finding good stuff on the web beach is to learn to read the beach. Is it sanding in or eroding. Are you finding light stuff like pop tops, fishing lures or finding heavy stuff like lead weights and tarnished coins. What tide condition do you hunt in. Where is the current pulling items or is there a rip tide where you are hunting. All of these things point you away from bad areas to hunt and toward good ares to hunt. The ocean beach floor is like a conveyor belt moving heavy good targets to mostly the same area.

are you hunting in front of an a real expensive hotel? this will determine the overall quality of drops. are you hunting the most popular beaches. a quick swing by with google earth and count the parking places of different beaches. the more popular beaches have more parking spaces.

dry beach, hunt towel line, near life guard stands and around entrance steps to and from the beach.

Just going to the beach with your metal detector the first time relies completely on random luck. The more experienced beach hunters know all of the above tricks and more. Where did it learn this from? two guys who pull in $6,000 to $10,000 per month hunting ocean beaches. They are not on any forums and do not do any youtube videos. They travel up and down the florida east coast and in the Caribbean and have their favorite spots that produce on a very regular basis for them. But they do this full time and are not your typical guy on vacation once every 2-3 years. It is all about taking the time to research your hunts.

Pinpoint button works really well once you get used to it. Practice with shallow targets and be sure to move the coil away from the target before pressing the pinpoint button and releasing it. Go slow, target should be under or just in front of the coil nut/bolt.

What sensitivity are you running. The closer to the surf you may have to turn it down some in the wet stuff.

Jeff

Thanks again guys. I'm running sensitivity about 20-22. Falsing wet , heavy mineralization 18. Speed 5. It varies a bit. I'm really getting this down now with the Nox. The real key is keeping it stable on different beaches and making them on the fly.

Have had my 800 for about 2 months now. Still have a long ways to go. I hunt mainly on the slope , wet sand. Light to medium mineralization. What are your exact favorite settings that work for you in similar conditions ? Beach 1 or 2 ? Etc,etc,etc. Thanks for your crash course settings...

Do you find the machine to be hard to use?

I've been thinking about getting one but I have low interest in dealing with needless complications that don't actually increase target ID capabilities or ease of use.

Back
Top Bottom