Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Stories and Pictures of Finds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2013, 05:12 PM

Default Found my first class ring to be returned! UPDATED - RETURNED

Well I was out with Pagordon today continuing his V3i training and we were in an old mill race along one of the streams by me. We weren't doing to great and were getting ready to move on to another spot. So I was swinging around by where the stream flows into the mill race when the flows get high. I got a solid 47 on my V3i and I INSTANTLY said "old beaver tail". But since there weren't many targets for the day I said what the heck I will get it out of the way. Well low and behold out pops this GINORMOUS class ring! It's 10k and is dated 1962. I tell you right now I wouldn't want to mess with the man who wears it even though he would be 70 years old now!! I have already contacted the Alumni and will be updating this post once it is returned! Here are some pics of the bling!

UPDATE:
Well I met with the son and returned the ring to him. His hands were shaking as he looked at the ring. He said His dad must have lost it sometime between 62 and 65 when he joined the Marines. His son said that his dad must have got a replacement ring but it didn't have his initials like the original because they have the replacement ring. As a matter of fact they didn't even realize that he had lost his original ring! Once again the son asked if I wanted any money or anything for it and I said no. Seeing the joy on his face was payment enough!
Attached Images

Last edited by rizar33; 11-30-2013 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Ring Returned

1 members found this post helpful.