my first returned ring

stikes

well about a week ago i found a gold wedding band at a local park. I took it home to clean it up and noticed the couples initials engraved in it along with a wedding date. i looked that date up online in the marriage certs. and low and behold there was one couple whose intials matched the ring. Looked in the phone book and found the couple was local and preceeded to call. turns out she lost it 20 years ago and was happy i found it. well she went nuts and called the newspaper and the local news and today everyone is coming to our house for the ring return. while i am happy to give it back to its owner i really am not looking forward to the news cameras and the papers making a big deal about it(hate having a spotlight on me). i feel as though its the right thing to do and hopefully everyone else would do the same when possible. just trying to give our hobby and us mders a good name. gotta go news gonna be here in about a half hour

Wowser!

well about a week ago i found a gold wedding band at a local park. I took it home to clean it up and noticed the couples initials engraved in it along with a wedding date. i looked that date up online in the marriage certs. and low and behold there was one couple whose intials matched the ring. Looked in the phone book and found the couple was local and preceeded to call. turns out she lost it 20 years ago and was happy i found it. well she went nuts and called the newspaper and the local news and today everyone is coming to our house for the ring return. while i am happy to give it back to its owner i really am not looking forward to the news cameras and the papers making a big deal about it(hate having a spotlight on me). i feel as though its the right thing to do and hopefully everyone else would do the same when possible. just trying to give our hobby and us mders a good name. gotta go news gonna be here in about a half hour

Congratulations! Relax, take it all in and own it. You deserve it! GREAT KARMA! :neat::bowdown:

well the news interview went well. there was a small clip on the 6 o'clock news with the whole story happening tonight at 11. whenever the story airs i will be sure to put a link to it. that was such a great feeling returning the ring to its rightful owner after 20 years. thanks to all for the words of encouragement

Congrats on your find and 2 thumbs up for a successful return to the rightful owners. Thanks for sharing the video with us.

Feels good....right?

Now, we are going to need a link to any TV news coverage you get. You're gonna be famous!:shock:

And, do you proudly own any "Friendly Metal Detecting Forum" hunting wear? I never hunt without mine! If you got a hat or shirt....WEAR IT!:yes:

GREAT JOB!

I hope you get a reward....you never know what might be buried on THEIR property!

Back
Top Bottom