Double silver self isolation hunt

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Been working from home daily now, wife and kids home too...

Got out yesterday afternoon for some sunshine and self isolation :laughing: was daytime but still oh “so serene” to quote Tom.

Been too long, we had 2’ of snow last weekend and lost power for most of the week.

Got out to “Rosie fields” where I’ve pulled 8 silver Rosie’s in the past.

Nicely mowed grass today, sunshine too! Not too long into the hunt, about 2” down, 6” from the base of a big oak, my second ever silver Washington - 1942.

Was nearing the end of the hunt when I dug up the 9th silver Rosie (‘48 D) from this area. Also got one wheat - can’t read the date.

Was so nice being out finally.

Happy hunting and be safe and healthy!

Attachments

• CF319F87-E943-449E-927C-F3AF3FA3DF81.jpg
    CF319F87-E943-449E-927C-F3AF3FA3DF81.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 320
  • 98345314-D665-4BAA-8C21-28EDA571A8BF.jpg
    98345314-D665-4BAA-8C21-28EDA571A8BF.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 286
  • AD2AE73D-CAFC-4A15-BED0-DDD3A2E657B4.jpg
    AD2AE73D-CAFC-4A15-BED0-DDD3A2E657B4.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 277
  • 7CF0D69E-7B57-46FA-A433-DFC0F03B565C.jpg
    7CF0D69E-7B57-46FA-A433-DFC0F03B565C.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 311
Some very nice hunting Jeff. The isolation hunts are becoming the standard of late in this hobby. I know and have been enjoying a few. Congrats on the Silver's and all the rest. Trapper

Nice pair of silver coins! It does one good to get out of the house. It looks like the rain is going to allow me to get out again tomorrow.

beephead

Some very nice hunting Jeff. The isolation hunts are becoming the standard of late in this hobby. I know and have been enjoying a few. Congrats on the Silver's and all the rest. Trapper

Thank you for the kind words Trapper!

Nice pair of silver coins! It does one good to get out of the house. It looks like the rain is going to allow me to get out again tomorrow.

beephead

Go get ‘em Beep :)

Congrats on both silvers! That makes the hunt twice as nice and the pouch feels that much fuller.

Thanks Jak!

A very enjoyable post GS ! Congrats !

Thank you SS!

Glad you got out, nice job sir! 2 silvers makes a pretty decent day!

Doesn’t happen very often for me, decent indeed - thank you!

Looks like a good hunt. Way to much snow here yet.

Thanks Yooper. I went down the hill, no snow down there.

Great day and great hunt. Stay safe.

Thank you!

Congrats on a double silver hunt. That GW ended your Rosie streak. Good luck to you. Mark

Bout dang time :laughing: I’m just kidding. Happy for sure for any silver coin!

Now THAT is how you self isolate :laughing: nice hunting man!

Thanks Jeff. I usually hunt alone. Prefer solitude!

Congrats on the double silver hunt!

Thanks Captain!

Keep those CA tallies/pix coming. After all: Ya can't argue with a picture which includes the obligatory pulltabs, eh ? :sissyfight: :mder:

Dig those pull tabs for you Tom! Next one will be a good coin ;)

Glad you could get out and find some silver. Congrats on pulling more from that spot.

Thanks Jam! I’ve not swung my coil over all of this area yet, been focusing along the fence and trees, but will keep going back, gotta be a few more :D

Nice job, Jeff.

Thanks Jeff! Hope you’re weathering the weather and covid okay!

I've been walking the dog, metal detecting, scouting areas, coyote and fox hunting. Anything to keep me out of the house and away from the warden. Times like these remind me why I lived on my own for so long lol

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom