I pulled $104.08 in CASH out of a park! EDIT: Counterfeit $100!!

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
Went out last night, feeling rather positive I'd do well. (Was thinking "gold" but whatever)... $4.08 in clad, and one lawnmower destroyed $100 bill.

When I picked it up, I absolutely thought some Christian was trying to spread the word with those fake $100 tracts. I just walked over to pick it up and put it in my trash pouch... But then I flipped it over (expecting a message about how I'm going to hell), and instead, I saw the back of a $100 bill. I actually held it up to the light to be certain, and presto... water mark. Spent the next 40 minutes looking for the other part, but no luck. No matter...

There's more than 50% of it there (probably close to 65%), with the whole security strip. Based on what I've learned, I can got to the Bank, today, and trade the mutilated bill for a fresh one. I'll just deposit it in my account, when I do.

This is only the second time I've ever found a bill while out hunting (first was a $1).

Even if the bank doesn't take it, the Bureau of Engraving will. It just takes 6 months to 3 years to get your money. LOL

I went out looking for gold, and found something just as good. I'll take a $100 bill any day of the week! woot!

I'm going to count this in "cash found," for the year, for sure... Very cool!

Skippy

EDIT:
The Teller at the bank noticed it immediately. Touched it and said, "it's counterfeit."

Then we compared. Sure enough. Security strip isn't real, the color is "off" and the ink isn't raised, like on a real bill.

Add to that the SPIEMAN in red letters on the back (which I completely missed), and the dashes on the 100...

This is probably movie prop money! Nope, they didn't take it. I told them I'm going to keep it for the scrap book. When I got home, I wrote across it in Ink, on both sides: COUNTERFEIT

Ah well... a fun adventure!

Attachments

• IMG_2375.jpg
    IMG_2375.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 586
Last edited:
Fake!!

The Teller at the bank noticed it immediately. Touched it and said, "it's counterfeit."

Then we compared. Sure enough. Security strip isn't real, the color is "off" and the ink isn't raised, like on a real bill.

Add to that the SPIEMAN in red letters on the back (which I completely missed), and the dashes on the 100...

This is probably movie prop money!

Ah well... a fun adventure!

Skippy

I find it strange that the counterfeit bill wasn't confiscated by the bank and given to the Secret Service.

beephead

I find it strange that the counterfeit bill wasn't confiscated by the bank and given to the Secret Service.

beephead

Frankly, so did I. I used to work in a bank. As soon as he threw that word out, I was completely panicked. I know the investigations that go down with that.

On the other hand, I didn't try to pass off the bill as "my own." I was UP FRONT that I'd found it.

That is probably what saved my bacon. That and I'm an old guy carrying a cane, who probably looks pretty darn harmless.

Still feel like I dodged a bullet, though!! Whew!

Skippy

wow, that's a strange ending !

I know, right?

The worst part is, all I was checking for is that it wasn't a religious pamphlet. Once I saw it wasn't, I literally "convinced" myself it was real. LOL

There needs to be an acid test for bills, I guess. :)

Skippy

beephead

Frankly, so did I. I used to work in a bank. As soon as he threw that word out, I was completely panicked. I know the investigations that go down with that.

On the other hand, I didn't try to pass off the bill as "my own." I was UP FRONT that I'd found it.

That is probably what saved my bacon. That and I'm an old guy carrying a cane, who probably looks pretty darn harmless.

Still feel like I dodged a bullet, though!! Whew!

Skippy

It is not counterfeit. It is play money. Here is an ebay auction with the same 100 dollar bills. Note the black marks on the top right hand corner.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Pcs-USD-Paper-Money-Dollar-Toys-Children-Birthday-Gift-Money-Note-BankNote/283802552648?hash=item4213f34948:g:iR0AAOSwPyReXcFW

Back
Top Bottom