Extracted a quarter at 4" with 2 bars of sens. With the F2

Metal Maniac

Forum Supporter
I was hunting this park and you can see the cellphone tower from it. Bad EMI , so I adjusted the F2 to 2 bars . Didn't think I'd find anything . I got a signal with the F2 80-83 quarter .The pinpointer was giving me 4". So , I tried the propointer to pin the location . Too deep. The propointer can't give me a signal. I break out my fiskars big grip digger and dig the plug. Anyway , I found a quarter 4" deep with 2 bars of sens. with the F2. That's the moral of my story.

And the moral of the story is don't count out a F2 , that little machine wont let you down. I think its an underrated machine and does far more than what ppl give it credit for.

Once I was hunting a small park that was an area where a few houses stood in a neighborhood.
Just across the street was a subdivision with some houses putting out WiFi and power wires ran overhead.
I usually hunted on max sense everywhere so at sites like this I would sometimes get chatter, falsing, extra noise but that was fine because I could tell the good signals from the false ones so I just ignored everything else.
I took a break for a few minutes and kept my headphones on but didn't want to listen to all the pops and squeaks that were coming out of the thing so I turned the sense all the way down to stop the chatter.
It became dead silent.
When I started hunting again I forgot to turn it back up, also I need to mention I was using the sniper coil at the time.
I picked up some clad and then I got a solid signal and dug an ID bracelet at 4" that had only one piece of chain.
I swung over the hole again and got another solid signal and one inch deeper I found the tiny piece of chain from the other end of this thing.
When I realized a few minutes later I found both of these targets, especially just the small piece of chain, that deep on low sense with the small coil I was amazed.

5", sniper coil, chain, low sense.
It was one thing to pick up that one larger end with the bigger metal attached but that small chain even deeper was something completely different.
No clasp on this either...just the chain.

I used to think that for every bar you knock out you would lose about 1/4" in depth...at first.
After experiencing this and a few others like it I changed my way of thinking about that and now I figure at the most you might lose 1/8" for every bar you take away...if that.
I still hunted with high sense most of the time, I didn't need to but that was just my way, but in those rare times when I hunted really noisy sites and felt like having a quieter experience I had no trouble turning down the sense to low levels and still had full confidence I could get to at least 6" or deeper with any coil with the F2 in my good soil which is where most of the older good stuff usually dwelled.

I believe that all F series detectors are way overpowered out of the factory so turning them down is no problem with any of them the F2 included.

Attachments

• PicsArt_1428394395164.jpg
    PicsArt_1428394395164.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 92
I have two friends that use F2's with good results and have recently bought my first Fisher machine a CZ3D and have come across used F2's for sale at reasonable prices next one I see I won't discount so easily.

Back
Top Bottom