Half Dime, Large Cents, Buttons and more from One Site

RF1

Finally found a half dime! This early 1800's home site has really produced. Tons of buttons ("regular", tombac, pewter), two large cents, Barber dime, Indian heads, etc... Not pictured is more and more buttons, some iron, tack buckles, a hame, bells, wheats, some "bigs", lock, eagle button, rosettes, etc. Must of found 60 or more buttons from this site.

All of the easy signals are gone, but last time I searched the nail bed, I ran in Park 2 with fairly low sensitivity and high recovery and picked up more stuff including the half dime and the second (toasted) large cent.

There's a historic road bed away from the house and I've found some buttons and shoe buckle pieces along that. Been running field 1, high sensitivity and fairly low recovery and digging deep stuff there.

Not much left (at least I keep thinking that), but I'll hit it a few more times and investigate any repeatable blip. It's loaded with nails, but luckily they are pretty friendly and I don't dig too many.

Attachments

• neal2.jpg
    neal2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 321
  • neal3.jpg
    neal3.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 266
  • neal1.jpg
    neal1.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 242
Very nice!! I finally got the courage up to go door knocking and then the pandemic hit lol. Permissions are definitely the way to go! Congrats on the epic hunt!

Very nice!! I finally got the courage up to go door knocking and then the pandemic hit lol. Permissions are definitely the way to go! Congrats on the epic hunt!
I have the good fortune of lots of timberland to hunt. Keep the courage up. there's lots of stuff in the ground....just got to go get it!

Back
Top Bottom