Detecting with my late Dad, Mike Intindola

Shane724

Hey all wanted to share my joy for detecting.

My Dad passed on April 22nd last year from his battles with addiction and through his passing I picked up metal detecting in remembrance of him taking me out as a child beach and relic hunting.

In this short period of time I’ve fallen deep in love with the hobby and being an amateur every piece of history I find I know he’s with me smiling. Im so new and amazed at some of the things I’ve found trotting around reservations almost aimlessly clearing my mind from stress and grief.

I miss him dearly every day but the peace and joy I’ve gained from this hobby is something I wanted to share with you all. Thanks for reading and I look forward to learning from you all and sharing more finds as they’re recovered from the lost

In memory of Mike Intindola July 18, 1962 - April 22, 2019
792ad4b44fef3aa109fa428f4198a6af.jpg

0b096b50e74a7befa0d7bf2f91ab1a51.jpg

023d5a1f56d8dbcc3c6c4684bb73cada.jpg

424210cc9286a6062702c9edcef5ed9f.jpg

7af0ed71a6e9c27625fb0de55a59b113.jpg

01953e6176088e845ec9870f9655c548.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Your dad is beside you on every hunt you go on. He's saying "that's it Shane , dig that one !"
Great , touching story. Good luck on both of your hunts....

Your dad is beside you on every hunt you go on. He's saying "that's it Shane , dig that one !"
Great , touching story. Good luck on both of your hunts....

Thanks KOB I feel him beside me hunting out there I know he would be proud. This hobby is saving my sanity this past year and I couldn’t be more grateful to the community for helping me

Sorry to hear of your Dad’s passing. May he Rest In Peace.
Did your father like to ride sport bikes? I used to ride them in the late 80’s. Kawasaki GPZ 750, Yamaha FZR 1000 and a Honda 500 Interceptor.
Glad you are enjoying something you and your Dad did together.
Best of luck!

My father is still alive (I think), not sure where he is, all I know Is he would rather get drunk than hash his relationships with his 2 sons (me and my brother). Been years since I've seen him or have talked to him. He now has 3 grandchildren that he will never get a chance to meet. My step father passed a few years back suddenly at the age of 54...I feel your pain Shane, just be thankful for the time you had with him, and like stated above, he's still with you in one form or another. Detecting is a great way to help settle down when life gets hectic. Keep up the good work, happy hunting!

Sorry to hear of your Dad’s passing. May he Rest In Peace.
Did your father like to ride sport bikes? I used to ride them in the late 80’s. Kawasaki GPZ 750, Yamaha FZR 1000 and a Honda 500 Interceptor.
Glad you are enjoying something you and your Dad did together.
Best of luck!

Thanks, his other passions were bikes and carpentry!

He had a small custom chopper shop I grew up in with him and his buddy Carmen. Learned so much watching him build them and developed a passion for custom cars and bikes as a result

My father is still alive (I think), not sure where he is, all I know Is he would rather get drunk than hash his relationships with his 2 sons (me and my brother). Been years since I've seen him or have talked to him. He now has 3 grandchildren that he will never get a chance to meet. My step father passed a few years back suddenly at the age of 54...I feel your pain Shane, just be thankful for the time you had with him, and like stated above, he's still with you in one form or another. Detecting is a great way to help settle down when life gets hectic. Keep up the good work, happy hunting!

So sad that he has missed so much. Praise God you chose a good path. Sorry for the loss of your stepdad. Good luck with all your metal detecting.

Thanks KOB I feel him beside me hunting out there I know he would be proud. This hobby is saving my sanity this past year and I couldn’t be more grateful to the community for helping me

He sounds like a great guy despite issues that caused his early passing. Such a loss. Such a good way to feel connected to him. Good finds and good luck in the future.

Thanks so much for the reply, the peace and calmness I’ve gained from being out there swinging and easing my mind is something few understand when I share. I try to remember all the good and block out the bad, I know he’s in a better place now then the battles he continually lost here on earth. The reply means a lot thanks again! Happy hunting to you as well can’t wait to share more finds with you all

Another cool find with Dad today!
I believe in luck - The harder I work the more I have!

8663b8769ba79a623220a20ab0396e1f.jpg

166c0a83479efb3efd166d5912457cdd.jpg

518ff3c43b7bfbd2f459e225f6c2ee20.jpg

53f517cbaef3155cff40557f4cefd47e.jpg

[mention]KOB [/mention] [mention]cellrdwellr [/mention] [mention]Beachhunter [/mention] [mention]pplinker [/mention]

Back
Top Bottom