shelter house finds

Bounder

I detected in a forest preserve that was new to me yesterday and thought it was going to be a real bummer. It was small and had only an outhouse and a waterpump. I was checking along the parking lot perimeter and found only some pennies when a forest preserve employee pulled up. Find anything good? he said. When I showed him the pennies he said you might look over there and pointed at a tree line. There used to be a shelterhouse over there but it was torn down and removed this spring. I thanked him and went for a look. They always leave behind a lot of debris, nails and such and I wasn't finding much until I came to a corner. I got a really strong jumbled up signal and started digging. I found 3 dimes in the plug and 2 more in the hole. I swung the coil without even taking a step and it happened again. This time I got 5 quarters. I kept getting hits and when they finally stopped I had 10 dimes and 10 quarters. The rest of the way I gathered up a total of 11 pennies. You could have covered that spot with a bushel basket. I think someone was selling from a little stand or something. Maybe not all that wonderful but it keeps me going. Good hunting to all.

Attachments

• 0622191017.jpg
    0622191017.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 201
Back
Top Bottom