• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Brooch Circa AD25-100.

Doug

Elite Member
This La Tene brooch is the only second one I have found of type.

Thanks for looking..............Doug.

Brooch just out of the ground.
g1eqpev.jpg

"It is named after the type site of La Tène on the north side of Lake Neuchâtel in Switzerland, where thousands of objects had been deposited in the lake, as was discovered after the water level dropped in 1857.

La Tène is the type site and the term archaeologists use for the later period of the culture and art of the ancient Celts, a term that is firmly entrenched in the popular understanding, but presents numerous problems for historians and archaeologists."

S9IjI6J.jpg

fxGToSN.jpg

Pre-decimal coins.
eEPvMpE.jpg

Mixed finds.
KFtuv99.jpg

Sixpence possible forgery?
YYXXXNR.jpg

Livery buttons.
11LeMtI.jpg

dzguZGD.jpg

You got some nice finds. Congrats.

HD

Thank you.

WOW.
A pre-roman Celtic broach.
Great find.

Thank you.

What a fantastic dig Doug. Congrats on the Brooch, the Coinage, and all the rest. Trapper

Thank you Trapper.

This type of brooch is the crossover period from the end of the Bronze Age period in time to the Roman occupation of England.

There was very little style change in this period of time and in general the design pretty well remained the same for the two periods BC 50- AD 100.

Nice finds, what are you hunting with?

Thank you.

I use a 8+ years old Deus, although I have the full set up I just use it in the Lite mode. No options at the time to buy a Lite mode on its own.

When I ordered the Deus I had to go on the waiting list, the first ones had V1.9 but when I received mine it had been updated to V2.0, still using V2.0.

I just use stock programs and 9" coil for about 90% of the time, 11" coil for about 10% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom