• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Silver streak still alive...tiny ring but still Ag

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Boy this thing is tiny, that is my pinky finger in the pic down there, but that 925 on the inside of the band was still big as life.
I was in the woods most of today looking for old coins but just dug a ton of head stamps.
I was getting tired but I moved over to a large grass area in a pretty busy part of this big park to use up the rest of my energy looking for silver or gold.
I was using the big DD coil but I turned down the sense and thresh to factory settings because the lower you go on the sense the more it seems to focus that big coil to a laser precision instrument.
Usually I go even lower but this was good, the F70 was quiet except for target signals and I was weaving my way in and out of the trash and doing fine.
Dug a few coins, some of the more solid trash and not long after I was about done so I start walking back to the truck swinging all the way.
I get this signal that was a 68-69 and banging.
Loud, clear and sharp like I was swinging over a shallow silver dollar, but that 68 range for me is usually big if not whole can pieces or large mouth screw on tops.
Could also be a toy car and once in awhile a dime or copper cent comes in here, also.
Raising the coil tells me it ain't no can, the Propointer from the top of the ground lets me know it doesn't seem to be really big like those large mouth tops but it also says it isn't shallow either and maybe about 3-4" deep so it still can be that bigger screw on cap or other junk.
I bend down to dig and in my mind I know that small silver jewelry can also come in at this reading easily, and the F70 likes to hit hard on silver and this one sure did so that is what I hope for.
I dug a plug about 3" deep and flip it back and see no cap, junk or anything else.
Stuck the Propointer back in and it says just a bit deeper at the bottom of the hole so I stick the point in behind the area dig down another inch and pry up the soil and then as I do it opens up and I see a thin band but really shiny so I know this is a silver ring before I got it all the way out of the hole.
Hope springs eternal in me, I am not always on the money but sometimes I get it just right.

Really small, 1.3 grams maybe thick as a quarter on the band.
Still silver though and it counts.
I don't put silver coins in with my silver totals my jewelry gets its own count.
Unbelievably this is silver jewelry piece number 10 so far in this still early part of the year plus the 3 gold rings I found in January.
Lately it seems like every time I go on a hunt I am coming home with silver in some form, jewelry or coin.
I never started so fast and so well in the jewelry department ever before, actually silver coins either, this streaky thing is fun when it happens.
Here's hoping it doesn't end soon.

Attachments

• P1050953.jpg
    P1050953.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 170
  • P1050960.jpg
    P1050960.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 171
  • P1050961.jpg
    P1050961.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 167
Awesome find! I found a teeny tiny silver ring today too... doesn't make it past the first joint of my pinkie.

Congrats on the continuing streak, and enjoyed reading all the details too. I learn something new just about every time I read these posts of yours, and appreciate you posting them!

Another silver, this is becoming a common thread around here, congrats Digger! Hoping your streak continues and mine starts again. Been kind of quiet around here as of late, guess all the silver went to Kansas. :grin:

Another silver, this is becoming a common thread around here, congrats Digger! Hoping your streak continues and mine starts again. Been kind of quiet around here as of late, guess all the silver went to Kansas. :grin:

According to what many in the Kansas area posted last year evidently silver dollars are just littering the landscape around here, can't believe I haven't found one yet from the frequency others are digging them.
Many found one if not more of them in 2014, and ks coyote started an exclusive Silver Dollar Club I want to join badly.
My two Eisenhower dollars I found don't count because they actually had no silver.
I would ask about letting me slip in because the two Franklin halves I found on one hunt add up to a buck but I think that would just get me laughed at.
Those snooty guys won't show me the secret handshake or anything till I find a real one.
Maybe this year.

According to what many in the Kansas area posted last year evidently silver dollars are just littering the landscape around here, can't believe I haven't found one yet from the frequency others are digging them.
Many found one if not more of them in 2014, and ks coyote started an exclusive Silver Dollar Club I want to join badly.
My two Eisenhower dollars I found don't count because they actually had no silver.
I would ask about letting me slip in because the two Franklin halves I found on one hunt add up to a buck but I think that would just get me laughed at.
Those snooty guys won't show me the secret handshake or anything till I find a real one.
Maybe this year.

Lol, well ten silver rings (and three gold) should account for something. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom